New pics up, would love some feedback off you guys please. thank you ...

New pics up, would love some feedback off you guys please. thank you xx

It seems this conversation has now been locked
20 posts
12 Sep 2014
Hi guys, i would love some feedback on my pics on my portfolio please, just be honest, i want to be doing things right so i need as much input from you guys as i can, if you have any new ideas i'd love to hear them, if you want to shoot with me give me a shout, i am always looking for fresh,new ideas /themes to have a go at.. don't be shy come and have a look at my images and tell me what you think? thank you so much xx Tory
Posted 12 Sep 2014
Edited by ToryLush 12 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Are you cropping pictures for your port after they've been given to you by the photographer? From a photographer's point of view quite a few of your images feel uncomfortably cropped and some exhibit odd perspectives.

Shame about the blue face
Posted 12 Sep 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 12 Sep 2014
ohh blue face on which image? i have cropped a couple with the permission of the tog tho, hey these are the comments i want, i need to fine tune what i am doing so all comments welcome. x

Posted 12 Sep 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Well, that was surprising. First glance I thought 'ok, not a face I recognise' and then thought what an excellent glamour face and figure. I was then surprised how dull your portfolio felt, kinda bland, not bad, but nowhere near as good as it should be.
Ian's negative reference is gonna bite hard too.

I'm confused finally, I don't shoot glamour really but could easily see you making those pictures much better, and other more varied and interested shots too ( particularly if you TF a little) so I'm wondering if you don't get much work offered it if maybe you ought to broaden your horizons a bit to boost your profile?

Posted 12 Sep 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
To be honest I don't agree with one single word above. I find it a fresh change to look at a model portfolio where the images are not all savagely attacked with OTT softening. Which means I get a better idea of what to expect on hiring. I have no problem with close crops and think the soft cross process/cooled shadows on the portrait works well.

There are some images I would consider removing. One of the close crops and the standing lingerie shot are badly pixilated at full size. You only appear to have one arm in another by the window.

I would like to see how you coped doing art nude, assuming that is an area you target. So some images in that genre would be useful. Ditto Gothic, hair and fitness. Photographers covering these genres would expect to see images to show you can do them

Posted 13 Sep 2014
bamfordphotography
Photographer
bamfordphotography
I really like your portfolio.

Only think id change is to have a different image as your main one.You have quite a few realy stunning ones i love.

Thats just my thought and i suppose its down to your own choice.

Nice work,lovely port.

john

Posted 13 Sep 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Good variety of images which show your figure. Looks good to me.

Posted 13 Sep 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
I'll be honest, I didn't get further than a negative comment by IainT.

I can't imagine a worse negative comment to have. He's probably one of the biggest names on here.

Posted 13 Sep 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Socialdisaster
I'll be honest, I didn't get further than a negative comment by IainT. I can't imagine a worse negative comment to have. He's probably one of the biggest names on here.
It totally depends on the reason for the cancellation. It may be inconvenient but sometimes shit just happens that's not in anyone's control.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by HowardJ 13 Sep 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
HowardJ
It totally depends on the reason for the cancellation. It may be inconvenient but sometimes shit just happens that's not in anyone's control.
Well, tbh, if that's the case most level headed people wouldn't leave a blue face.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Socialdisaster
Well, tbh, if that's the case most level headed people wouldn't leave a blue face.
I'm not going to discuss the reasons on an open forum, but its the first and only time I have left a blue face for a cancellation.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
I will explain the reason for the cancellation with Iian, 2 days before the shoot my mother surprised me with a surprise holiday, to lanzarote, i only had 2 days before the flight and she had no idea that i had 2 shoots booked which i had to cancel, the second i found out about the holiday i let both togs know, i never let people down, if i'm going to a shoot then i go, but this was out of my hands, i had only 2 days to get myself and my children ready for the holiday.
I do feel the bad feedback is slightly unfair to be honest. but what can i do? hope this answers peoples questions,
Tory x

Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by ToryLush 13 Sep 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
ToryLush
I will explain the reason for the cancellation with Iian, 2 days before the shoot my mother surprised me with a surprise holiday, to lanzarote, i only had 2 days before the flight and she had no idea that i had 2 shoots booked which i had to cancel, the second i found out about the holiday i let both togs know, i never let people down, if i'm going to a shoot then i go, but this was out of my hands, i had only 2 days to get myself and my children ready for the holiday. I do feel the bad feedback is slightly unfair to be honest. but what can i do? hope this answers peoples questions, Tory x
It does seem a little unfair to me. A reschedule should have been possible and the drama could have been avoided.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
HowardJ
It does seem a little unfair to me. A reschedule should have been possible and the drama could have been avoided.
I hate bringing private dealings on to a forum but as the models account of why she received the cancellation referrence is catagorically untrue, I have no choice but to set the record straight. If what the model says was correct, yes it would be unfair to leave the feedback and I would not have done so. I have never felt the need to before. She did not contact me to advise me of the situation, had she done so, I would have been happy to reschedule, particularly as I had several days work for her, so as it stands we are both considerably out of pocket. I contacted her the evening previous to the shoot. Had I not contacted her, it would almost certainly have been a no-show, hence the late cancellation feedback. Normally I would understand the situation and reschedule, but my feeling is that she would have no-showed had I not initiated contact, given that she had 2 days in which to contact me to advise me of the situation.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by IainT 13 Sep 2014
CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN
PLEASE DO NOT PASTE PERSONAL PM /   CORRESPONDENCE IN THE FORUMS 
Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by Love 13 Sep 2014
It seems this conversation has now been locked