Canon D60

9 posts
5 Sep 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Looking to get one of these as an upgrade to my Canon D500....

Any thoughts?  Anyone got one going "spare"....  ?
Posted 5 Sep 2014
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
I remember someone actually sold one of these on ebay for the price of a 60d

Posted 5 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
extra_mayo

smiley

Posted 5 Sep 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
extra_mayo

Is that an SB joke? if so wasted on me...
Posted 5 Sep 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
I suspect it's a hugely amusing reference to Canon's DSLRs being designated nnnD rather than Dnnn which is the system Nikon use.

Posted 5 Sep 2014
Because you don't get a canon d60 (a d60 is a nikon)

Canon has a 60d

The joke is that the Nikon d60 can be picked up for a much smaller price than a canon 60d. So if somebody put up a "canon d60" and people presumed it was a canon 60d they would have paid that price but what they received would have been an older camera not worth the money they paid.

Maybe!

Posted 5 Sep 2014
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
OK to get back on track, - assuming you mean a Canon 60D Plymjack, I've recently bought a brand new one of these and can thoroughly recommend it. I reckon they're a bit of a bargain if you can still find a new one, as they've been superseded and as a result the price plummeted. More than happy with it, (sorry, not selling it, just recommending it as a potential purchase). I bought it to replace my aging 7D primarily to photograph close-ups and macro. It doesn't quite have the same spec but I can't detect any difference in image quality.

Posted 5 Sep 2014
Maccroft
Photographer
Maccroft
A Canon D60 was an early dslr with 6.3mp while the newer Canon 60D has 18mp. Yes Canon used both model names.

Think what extra_mayo was refering to was a listing on the dreaded E*** site when someone listed at D60 just when the 60D was launched.

Posted 5 Sep 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Well glad it created so much humour.... and some one managed to give a useful answer... thanks....
Posted 5 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join