What should I do? Help!

What should I do? Help!

15 posts
4 Sep 2014
Emma86
Model
Emma86
Thanks for reading guys

As states in my port please excuse my pathetic pictures as I am basically building a new portfolio, already have a few great photoshoots booked over the next month so keep your eyes peeled for my images.

Basically as I am 28 now I'm considering chopping my hair, like Emma Willis short but I am unsure what to do as I have always had very long hair. I basically just need a change, a more mature look and feel now I don't suit my hair so long

Any advice would be very welcome, as I have been told it could ruin my chances of getting shots booked

Many thanks Emma xx

Posted 4 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
It would appeal to some - and not to others! You look as though you have good enough features to carry it off I have to say

My guess is that for glamour shoots it would be more of a disadvantage than for fashion
Posted 4 Sep 2014
Edited by mph 4 Sep 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Hair takes a long time to grow long, so its a difficult one and only you can decide.

I think you have features that would work with the Emma Willis style hair.

Have you tried a short wig on?

Posted 4 Sep 2014
photofrank
Photographer
photofrank
You say you have some shoots booked. Maybe you better contact the photographers before going to the hairdresser.

I wouldn't dare to give you any advice. You look good as you are, and I cannot imagine how you would look with short hair.

Posted 4 Sep 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
You can't be everything to everyone. For everyone that says "i'll book you because of X", there's someone who says "I won't book you because of X".

There's no advice to give. Look how you want. But don't screw the people who have already booked you. Make changes between bookings and get the info on the port ASAP.

Posted 4 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Shave it all off and get a selection of wigs cheeky
Posted 5 Sep 2014
snapychapy
Photographer
snapychapy
keep it long x

Posted 5 Sep 2014
jes
Model
jes
I gave up taking peoples' advice on how I should have my hair because everyone has a different opinion... so now I do what I want, for me, not for photographers.

You have stunning features so could easily carry off a short hair-do!  Why don't you go for a mid length first and go shorter in stages if you like it, rather than chop off in one go!
Posted 5 Sep 2014
kjoleweb
Photographer
kjoleweb
Cutting it would be vandalism....

Posted 5 Sep 2014
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
You have a shot in your port with your hair up and it gives a good impression on how you might look with short hair. To which judging by the shot you look great. Though you can let your hair down so going permanent is the big step. ANTM always has the cutting the hair episode and in this a model either cuts or goes as the reality is if required for a shoot. A model may just have to get rid of the hair to get the job. Only you can answer that so is the shoot or shoots worth the cost of your hair or not.

Posted 6 Sep 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Emma86

What should I do?

Go asymmetric?
Bob
Posted 6 Sep 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I think you just be thankful you've got hair and stop stressing about it. Life is too short to spend it worry about such things.

Posted 6 Sep 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
With those eyes does anybody even look at your hair?

Posted 7 Sep 2014
Emma86
Model
Emma86
Thanks everyone all comments and advice are appreciated

Emma x

Posted 7 Sep 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Just dont do it...long natural hair is one of the biggest advantages any model can have. You can tie it up or style it whilst its long, but once you cut it...YOU WILL regret it..
Posted 7 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join