no show

14 posts
3 Sep 2014
metro
Photographer
metro
i had a no show yesterday .there were studio costs /make up artist cost /my fee/ as the model re confirmed booking the day before...you have to ask yourself...is it pos to have a 3 strikes and their off policy metro

Posted 3 Sep 2014
metro

is it pos to have a 3 strikes and their off policy
We did try that in the past but it was self-defeating as the worst offenders simply created new profiles*.
Consensus when we consulted Premium members was that it was best to leave Multiple No-Show
profiles visible so that members could decide if the wished to take the chance and book them.

* A few years ago we could use IP tracking but in these days of widespread mobile internet access that is no longer feasible.

Posted 3 Sep 2014
Edited by ForumModerator 3 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
Yup - leave them on

If anyone is daft enough to book someone with three recent blueys.......
Posted 3 Sep 2014
Edited by mph 3 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
mph

Yup - leave them on

It wouldn't necessarily put me off laugh
Posted 3 Sep 2014
metro

i had a no show yesterday .there were studio costs /make up artist cost /my fee/ as the model re confirmed booking the day before...you have to ask yourself...is it pos to have a 3 strikes and their off policy metro

You could try http://www.itv.com/beontv/shows/judge-rinder I'm sure he'd be able to help
Posted 3 Sep 2014
mph

Yup - leave them on 

marlhamphoto

It wouldn't necessarily put me off laugh

Which just goes to prove how difficult the moderators job can be, can't please all of the people
Posted 3 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
clearview_photography

Which just goes to prove how difficult the moderators job can be, can't please all of the people

I don't know - it pleases Mark as he is happy to book them - and me because I am not!  wink
Posted 4 Sep 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Leave a negative reference and they are unlikely to get many bookings or will have to reduce their rates. With so much choice I would never book a model with a no show reference ...?

Posted 4 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
OldMaster

Leave a negative reference and they are unlikely to get many bookings or will have to reduce their rates. With so much choice I would never book a model with a no show reference ...?

You have a negative reference on your profile following a late cancellation. Do you recommend that models observe similar criteria when choosing a photographer? Or is it somehow acceptable for a photographer to let a model down but not the other way round?
Posted 4 Sep 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 4 Sep 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Fair point well made!

Posted 4 Sep 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
It would be a fair point well made if you knew the circumstances! ! I was parking my car to catch the train to go to the shoot. The model in question had text me three times in the previous hour to tell me she had none of the items requested in my considerably detailed e mails to her to set up the shoot. She then lied to me to say she was already on the way....amazing how she managed to stay on line for the next hour including posting my negative reference. ..apparently obviously whilst she was driving!! She also had a shoot that evening thar she clearly felt was more of a priority.

So instead of jumping to conclusions you could google her and find out how many others she has been economical with the truth with. I have been shooting models for 30 years and never let anyone down ...apart from not missing a job either in 30 years, including over 600 weddings.

You might like to take into account the other references on my page....but of course you should never let balance come into it when you want to make an ill informed comment on the forums....

Have I helped clarify this situation for you now.....?

Posted 7 Sep 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
But the point is that you don't know how many other blue faces are as unjust as yours.

To set an arbitrary number of blue faces as a limit would be unfair (for example) on someone who had been stranded during the volcano fiasco for a week (without access to Internet) and may have let down several people, or someone who has a car breakdown on way to a studio day and gets 3 people who feel the need to give her a blue face each.

Posted 7 Sep 2014
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
marlhamphoto

You have a negative reference on your profile following a late cancellation. Do you recommend that models observe similar criteria when choosing a photographer? Or is it somehow acceptable for a photographer to let a model down but not the other way round?

It should apply equally. Manners and professional courtesy should be for everyone.
Posted 8 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
OldMaster

It would be a fair point well made if you knew the circumstances! ! I was parking my car to catch the train to go to the shoot. The model in question had text me three times in the previous hour to tell me she had none of the items requested in my considerably detailed e mails to her to set up the shoot. She then lied to me to say she was already on the way....amazing how she managed to stay on line for the next hour including posting my negative reference. ..apparently obviously whilst she was driving!! She also had a shoot that evening thar she clearly felt was more of a priority. So instead of jumping to conclusions you could google her and find out how many others she has been economical with the truth with. I have been shooting models for 30 years and never let anyone down ...apart from not missing a job either in 30 years, including over 600 weddings. You might like to take into account the other references on my page....but of course you should never let balance come into it when you want to make an ill informed comment on the forums.... Have I helped clarify this situation for you now.....?

You do realise you've just demonstrated the fallacy of your own argument don't you?

BTW I googled as you suggested but couldn't find anything of relevance.
Posted 8 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join