Portfoilio Update (polase review) and IM MOVING!! :-)

Portfoilio Update (polase review) and IM MOVING!! :-)

11 posts
26 Aug 2014
Hi all! I have recently updated my Porfolio and I am looking for some feedback please Also, just a note to let everyone know that i'm moving back down south to Worcestershire, before Christmas. I hope there will be more work for me down there as up here in Scotland, there's not so much. Thanks in advance for feedback! Roxy
Posted 26 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
It looks workmanlike and accomplished on the whole. Having said that this one looks out of place:

and your outdoor arty-nudes are on the weak side I'd say:

Other than that what's not to like?

Good luck with your re-location
Posted 26 Aug 2014
I think all your portfolio is hot! You're one of my favourite models - I love your look and figure. Hope the move goes well for you
Posted 26 Aug 2014
Thank you marlhamphoto Jessicard - thanks ever so much! You're one of my favourites too. Hopefully soon we can work together! X
Posted 26 Aug 2014
SteveH32
Photographer
SteveH32
Be glad to have you back down here Rox
I agree, some good ones there
S

Posted 26 Aug 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I'm thinking you've accomplished an aim via the publications listed and probably continue to attract higher level work, but I'd expect could comfortably achieve more in other genres. It might be satisfying enough to have made a useful career, but it'd be cool to see more high impact pictures too. Call it artsy or whatever, but I think you'd pull that off easily enough If you aimed for it.

Posted 26 Aug 2014
Thank you. Yes you're right. I do want to steer away from adult work and do more edgy, arty, creative stuff! I'm dying to do high end fashion stuff etc! Hopefully in the near future Thanks for feedback. Roxy
Posted 26 Aug 2014
I think the problem is similar all over the UK. Plenty of work really, but not much that anyone wants to pay money for. All I see on the FB pages and calls is "TF". Other than that it is cut-throat.
Posted 26 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
GlasgowPhotographer

I think the problem is similar all over the UK. Plenty of work really, but not much that anyone wants to pay money for. All I see on the FB pages and calls is "TF". Other than that it is cut-throat.

It's not really 'work' though is it. It's just like-minded people meeting up to create images from their respective sides of the camera purely for their own pleasure - a hobby. 'Work' in that context is a misnomer IMO - neither party expects to be paid to deliver a marketable product to a client.

If a photographer describes himself on model sites as semii-pro or pro then of course there's a natural expectation that he's producing images for financial gain and therefore the model should rightfully expect to be paid. Whereas amongst amateur photographers - those who have no market for their images - TF is the ever-increasing norm.
Posted 26 Aug 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 26 Aug 2014
salfordtog
Photographer
salfordtog
The work is great and shows a real transition from "glamour" model to someone developing ( hope that doesnt sound to Guardian readerish) but certainly a model who could add loads to a portfolio

Posted 28 Aug 2014
CCP
Photographer
CCP
I think you have a great portfolio. I hope that I will be able to shoot you at some point. You're in my favourites folder already. I am glad you're moving back down south, it makes it more possible that I may get a chance to shoot you in the future. Fingers crossed. smiley 
Posted 29 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join