Can you still get photo shoots/paid work while conceiving?

Can you still get photo shoots/paid work while conceiving?

12 posts
22 Aug 2014
Hi all! I'm a newbie, I have a few shoots scheduled already. Don't worry NO I am not pregnant, its just a curious question of mine, for future reference... If someone can answer this I will appreciate that, Thanks, Jasmine x

Posted 22 Aug 2014
Edited by Love 22 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
I suspect you mean whilst expecting rather than whilst conceiving?

Posted 22 Aug 2014
Yes I believe that's the one
Posted 22 Aug 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
That just made my day! Still laughing.

Posted 22 Aug 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
You can actually get decent money going through the motions of conceiving on camera though
Posted 22 Aug 2014
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
RedChecker

You can actually get decent money going through the motions of conceiving on camera though

PMSL...

Posted 22 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
J_bullimore

Yes I believe that's the one

It's a good job us blokes understand the ins and outs of such things
Posted 22 Aug 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
marlhamphoto

It's a good job us blokes understand the ins and outs of such things

Come again?
Posted 22 Aug 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photogra..
RedChecker

Come again?

He needs a short break first.
Posted 23 Aug 2014
MikeBee
Photographer
MikeBee
Dum,dee dum dum.....can l think about it?
Posted 24 Aug 2014
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
RedChecker

smiley
Posted 25 Aug 2014

I think it depends on who the model is to be honest.

I've known a couple of agency models who have got pregnant and worked pretty much right the way through while expecting - doing mother/pregnancy publications and modelling maternity wear - artistic nude bump shoots.

Then I've known other models who have maybe had a shoot or two towards the end of their pregnancy to show the bump off.

I've also known models who have gotten pregnant and walked away from modelling and lost most of the confidence they had in their body, plus their pregnancies were anything but "simple" and they spent many months feeling like shit so the last thing they wanted was photographic evidence of it.

If you are planning a pregnancy I strongly urge you to get a few shoots under your belt before the process begins. Shoots can be a marvellous way of getting a little confidence boost but there are times when it has the opposite effect and when your body is going through such a dramatic change I'm guessing it hits you even harder than it would normally.

Good luck

Posted 25 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join