First nude shoot.. Nervous

First nude shoot.. Nervous

9 posts
21 Aug 2014
Emma86
Model
Emma86
Hi thanks for reading ??

Basically guys I'm looking for any tips or advice relating to doing my first nude shoot. I have agreed to do a paid shoot for thousands of flyers and let's just say I'm not sure if I've agreed to the right thing
If I am honest I have lost a lot of confidence after being away from the modelling side for over two years. I'm used to high fashion and catwalk done through a well known irish agency that I was signed to
Bring a size 6-8 for many years I have now gained weight along with curves and I'm a healthy size ten but I guess I can't get out of my head that I should be stuck thin again

I want to be able to embrace my curves and say that it's healthy and more womanly but I guess it's the stigma I've been used to for many years modelling. I think it should be an end of the stick insect Kate moss look and more the hour glass marylon Monroe look for many agencies, I have saw too many friends fall ill over trying to get the shape a certain agency wants. Some girls are naturally thin and are beautiful in their own way I just think someone like myself who is obviously naturally curvy shouldn't feel massive by certain agencies because for years I had to be eight stone and five foot eight, surely there has to be more advertising to get the natural woman heard

Emma xx

Posted 21 Aug 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Your casting calls say you won't do nude?

Confused.com

P.s. size 10 is fine. Don't be so worried.

Posted 21 Aug 2014
Edited by HowardJ 21 Aug 2014
Emma86
Model
Emma86
No Hun I won't do frontal nude, fetish etc etc art nude is fine and I've agreed because I've been shown what I'll have to do

Hmmm I'm not so sure lol size ten is classed as big in modelling world ??

Posted 21 Aug 2014
Emma86
Model
Emma86
No Hun I won't do frontal nude, fetish etc etc art nude is fine and I've agreed because I've been shown what I'll have to do

Hmmm I'm not so sure lol size ten is classed as big in modelling world ??

Posted 21 Aug 2014
hylander
Photographer
hylander
I hope it went okay for you today..Emma
Posted 21 Aug 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Emma86
No Hun I won't do frontal nude, fetish etc etc art nude is fine and I've agreed because I've been shown what I'll have to do Hmmm I'm not so sure lol size ten is classed as big in modelling world ??
maybe for fashion it is, but curves are good for art nude. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Posted 21 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
I don't know what you're worrying about - if the photographer thinks you're good for the job then that's all you need to know. If for some reason it doesn't work out then it's his problem not yours.

At the end of the day flyers last all of 5 minutes before they end up in the bin anyway.
Posted 21 Aug 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 21 Aug 2014
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
Don't be intimidated by the narrow boundaries of the fashion industry. Art and beauty photography takes a much broader view of what works and what doesn't. There's really no such thing as too big or too small it's down to how the model and snapper interpret what's there. I'd advise that you collaborate with someone who knows what they're doing and who's pictures you like and once you see the results you'll realise just how fantastic you are. Speaking personally, even if there was anything to forgive, those wonderful eyes would make me forgive a lot.
Posted 23 Aug 2014
Emma86
Model
Emma86
Thanks everyone for your kind comments xx

Posted 23 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join