Port Needs Sortin'!

Port Needs Sortin'!

6 posts
11 Aug 2014
emmwood
Model
emmwood
Don't be shy, nothing good ever came from playing it nice! What's gotta go?!

Posted 11 Aug 2014
Edited by emmwood 11 Aug 2014
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Perhaps one too many leaping in the air shots, and not enough really good head shots.

I also recall you once said in a forum (or perhaps it was in a casting) that you were acting in a film. A link to the results, or to a showreel, might be useful.

Dave

Posted 11 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
For me these two stand out head-and-shoulders above the rest:

Most of the others are either too dark for my taste, taken from a less than optimal perspective or suffer from a lack of post-processing. Although I guess you ought to keep whichever of them show off your technical dance skills best.

Also, it would be nice to see a couple of decent headshots IMO.

Posted 11 Aug 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
I would start by removing the Artistic nudes. You could move the headshot to either headshots or glamour. Then move the nudes in the Perfomance section to Artistic nude. They show better what you can do in this category I think.

I quite like the glamour shot on the couch. It looks like it's what you look like, shows some personality and is quite appealing. The upside down one isn't much use but looking closer I see it shows some bondage so maybe worth keeping if you haven't another that shows this work area you are prepared to cover.

The Fashion shot would be ok if it was taken from floor level, but as it's take from above it (probably) doesn't show you off at your best.

I think the performance/stage is in need of much work.
I think I would look to move the photos which could go into another category (such as nudes to nude, glamour to glamour, fashion to fashion) as your flexibility/gymnastics will actually be of interest (and indeed differentiate you from less athletic models) to people considering you for projects in these areas.
I would then leave only a few of the very best which don't fit anywhere else + any that show things with are special. I suspect some of the photos that are not particularly great photographically show poses which are very hard to do so should be included for people who are looking for such poses (and probably appreciate which are very difficult and which (if any) may be easier.

Posted 11 Aug 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 11 Aug 2014
kingnorman13NK
Photographer
kingnorman13NK
Got to go:-
- The last of the artistic nudes - the pose is similar to the one before it, but the image is nowhere near as good. Watch out that that you don't fall into that pose too often - it does seem to crop up around the Port.
- Take out the lone fashion shot, easy decision.
- The first glamour shot - I don't like upside down heads - I struggle to rotate my screen.
- The three very dark performance shots - can't see much and you have enough other athletic shots to show what your body can do.
- The chequer floor performance shot -I don't like how your shoulders look,
- and the one before it - just not very elegant styling despite the pose, and the pose is exactly the same as the first one in the series.
- No 18 in the performance can go too - why was it not cropped or was the floor really sloping - the same as for the one mentioned before this one.

After that I would still at least halve the number of performance shots, then you have to decide what you might add - but only if it passes the quality test. I'd like to see a few more natural and less energetic shots although it is clear to see that your bendability might be your USP. But I like your 'portraits' in the artistic nude and glamour sections. Your face is worth showing, but is mostly hidden in the Port!

I'm not convinced the categories you have selected are relevant in your Port. The boundaries are very blurred and unbalanced which I suspect is encouraging you to add/duplicate with similar shots when not necessary!

Having said all that, nothing would discourage me from inviting you in front of my camera even with your Port as it is.

Happy Chopping (not shopping).

NK

Posted 17 Aug 2014
Orkadia
Photographer
Orkadia
I think you are kind of wasted here...

Beautiful poise and great talent. I would seek to up your experience of real jobs that pay...

ORKADIA

Posted 21 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join