Notifying Twitter and Facebook?

Notifying Twitter and Facebook?

7 posts
6 Aug 2014
RHMPhotographic
Photographer
RHMPhotographic
Is there a way to automatically update my Twitter feed and Facebook page when I upload an image here?

Posted 6 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
I don't believe there is.

Posted 6 Aug 2014
RHMPhotographic
Photographer
RHMPhotographic
Drat!

Posted 6 Aug 2014
Do people actually like that type of feature?
I've unfollowed most of the people on my friends list who has those annoying as **** features switched on.

Posted 6 Aug 2014
RHMPhotographic
Photographer
RHMPhotographic
It's handy to update a Facebook Page that way, especially when the image isn't Facebook-friendly.

Posted 6 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Chrissie_Red

Do people actually like that type of feature? I've unfollowed most of the people on my friends list who has those annoying as **** features switched on.

Me too.

Just because it's possible to do something doesn't mean you should. I think the scattergun approach taken by some people (and sites) actually works against them.
Posted 6 Aug 2014
I always thought it was a bit "lazy" doing it that way to be honest.

I kind of prefer "catering" my uploads to wherever I'm logged in, so a shot which might go on my portfolio will be different to whats on my Facebook or blog. I guess its because people will follow me in various places so I don't want them to get bored by seeing the same thing uploaded/notified in various places. Its a dream for the websites though who offer that "function" - free advertising in the way of spamming friends lists. Kind of like the annoying folks who spam you with game requests, I see the "entry to whatever competition/ new image uploaded/ just posted a share a shoot thread" type posts in a similar way.

Posted 6 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join