Elinchrom Quadra cables

Elinchrom Quadra cables

5 posts
3 Aug 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Has anyone on here made any quadra cables?

What cable did you use and where did you get it from?

Thanks

Posted 3 Aug 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
No and not sure how possible this would even be. The plugs may be obtainable if you do some searching, RS, Farnell, even Maplins, assuming they can be found then the only way to find out the pin connections would be to dismantle an existing cable. Again the cable will probably be obtainable-somewhere? But it's specifications, wire gauge resistance etc. will be crucial, and things like flexibility are hard to determine from a catalogue.
If this sounds like I think one may be entering a world of pain,and risking damage and or safety, I do. The proprietary cables are not that expensive and guaranteed to work.

Posted 3 Aug 2014
Edited by magpie1 3 Aug 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Cable length will affect flash ratios.

Why not get in touch with The Flash Centre and ask them about custom lengths.

Posted 3 Aug 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
The plugs are available from RS and I've found on the internet that the wiring is straight through.

Posted 3 Aug 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
RedChecker
Cable length will affect flash ratios. Why not get in touch with The Flash Centre and ask them about custom lengths.
Yep, I know it affects power through to the head. The standard cables are very expensive for what they are. The connectors are about £15. After a bit more Googling the cable is CF5.07.07
Posted 3 Aug 2014
Edited by HowardJ 4 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join