Whats the best place in the country for a glamour/fashion photographer...

Whats the best place in the country for a glamour/fashion photographer to be?

22 posts
12 July 2014
Pict
Photographer
Pict
I'm in Kent and the number of attractive new models that join here is quite scarce. Even then those that do, appear to do little to improve their portfolios which largely stay untouched. Who here has a different experience
Posted 12 July 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Pict

Whats the best place in the country for a glamour/fashion photographer to be?

sx init?
Posted 12 July 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Where wages are low and girls are particularly attractive......where ever that might be As for Kent...I know from experience that Kent has its fair share of attractive girls but not models on sites like this...don't know why. I suspect you'd have more luck on FB.....or....giving out business cards in pubs, clubs and shopping centres.
Posted 12 July 2014
Pict
Photographer
Pict
anthonyh
I suspect you'd have more luck on FB.....or....giving out business cards in pubs, clubs and shopping centres.
I guess you might indeed have some success that way. You're also likely to get some distinctly odd looks I'm not moaning or planning on a move just yet..its just something Ive observed over many months.
Posted 12 July 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
In simple terms places with concentrations of young people, or what we traditionally call cities.
London, Manchester, Sheffield/Leeds, Birmingham come to mind .....
Some towns do better where there are good concentrations of impoverished students....

Posted 12 July 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
In the middle of the country is best, simple. Birmingham area really. Puts more models within easy reach, whether is you or the model travelling. Not only have you got the second largest urban conurbation right on your doorstep (Birmingham and the Black Country), but also within very easy travelling distance of London, Manchester, Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leeds etc, with great motorway and train access. Plus living and operating costs are much lower than in the south east of the UK. No brainer really.

Posted 12 July 2014
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottingham is very good. Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire + Yorkshire within very easy travelling distance for example. Oh and Birmingham too - to name just a few ! Many other regions. Plenty of positive, pro-active models. No complaints over here !

Posted 12 July 2014
Edited by SandyCamel 12 July 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Pict

I guess you might indeed have some success that way. You're also likely to get some distinctly odd looks I'm not moaning or planning on a move just yet..its just something Ive observed over many months.

It was the only way before sites like this!! Worked well!!

Another approach might be to team up with an appropriate female who is up for being a talent scout on your behalf. Just make sure you are on the same page as what constitutes a potential model!!

Posted 12 July 2014
CameraWillD40
Photographer
CameraWillD4..
Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire are probably where I go for 90% of my shoots.

Posted 15 July 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
Moscow.

Posted 15 July 2014
CameraWillD40
Photographer
CameraWillD4..
If we are going international then I would have to say Czech Republic. So many nice girls there I would like to shoot!

Posted 15 July 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Was in Palma a few weeks ago and have to say most of the girls would make good models (like 50-60%!)..... unlike Plymouth where despite having a large student population lacks quality models.

Posted 18 July 2014
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
I have to agree if it's glamour, and Europe's Finest, then eastern Europe, whether that's Hungary, Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania or Latvia.

Tall girls, no tatts or lopside implants.

Posted 19 July 2014
gminfocus
Photographer
gminfocus
In response to the title of the thread .... London

and that has nothing to do with where the most or prettiest girls live. ..... that's where the most work is likely to be

Posted 19 July 2014
Edited by gminfocus 19 July 2014
Bill_M
Photographer
Bill_M
RupertRudd
Moscow.
In Ayrshire? It's only a tiny village! http://bit.ly/1rB6O4m
Posted 20 July 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join