Realistic price for used 5Dmkii body

Realistic price for used 5Dmkii body

8 posts
12 July 2014
photostore
Photographer
photostore
So i'm thinking of selling a 5d Mkii in very good condition with only 13147 shutter actuations, what would be a realistic asking price outwith of ebay ?

Posted 12 July 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Follow a few on eBay and see what they sell for.....you could offer it on here for about 5% less as that would take into account the fees you pay on a site like eBay. However....buyers there have various guarantees and credit facilities so that might go against what you can ask 'elsewhere'.

Posted 12 July 2014
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Just to give you an idea, I recently (October last year)sold a mint condition 5DII, with 8,500 acctuations for £825 on Gumtree. I had to wait a few weeks before I got that serious offer, as most people were just p!$$ takers stating they could buy a new one from HK for not much more. I had advertised it for £900, and thought it was worth every penny. However, it does seem to be a buyers market at the moment.

Good luck, and hope you manage to sell.

Posted 12 July 2014
Catuaba
Photographer
Catuaba
800 to 900 depending on the weather. It's raining here.
Posted 12 July 2014
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Sun's blazing up here
Posted 13 July 2014
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
£800 - I eventually sold mine at this price to a London dealer after putting up with ridiculous private offers and private time wasters.

Posted 13 July 2014
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
The problem with the 5d Mkii is that even with a low shutter count, that doesn't mean to say the camera hasn't been hammered on the video front. As a buyer, I'd be taking a gamble. Therefore I'd be happy at £750, might go to £800. But I doubt I'd go much higher than that. But then I am based in Yorkshire. Dave
Posted 13 July 2014
photostore
Photographer
photostore
only shot x2, 3 minute videos (not my thing) And being from Scotland i'd rather keep a hold of it than sell it for £800.00 probably going to sell up altogether so will get a better price from someone looking to buy into the brand, great kit with some L glass,580 ex and more (studio gear also a possiblity of going) when i get a list together i'll post here before ebay Might consider a swap for a decent fishing boat ! not particularly interested in the cash, so willing to wait for the right offer, anyone giving up a life on the water ?
Posted 13 July 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join