video light or lights needed

video light or lights needed

8 posts
7 July 2014
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
I am looking to get hold of some video lights for work in a studio next week .Everything on fleabay seems to be from the other side of the world...can anyone recommend a UK supplier? Cheers

Posted 7 July 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
If you check Amazon.co.uk there are or at least were some independents that supply via Amazon for immediate despatch in this country

This is one I bought for messing around in the studio  Available next day but you will need to get a battery seperately unless you happen to have one.
Posted 7 July 2014
Bill_M
Photographer
Bill_M
Calumet stock video lights.

Posted 7 July 2014
Imagefield
Photographer
Imagefield
Just bought some from flea bay that were allegedly from a Portsmouth based supplier.

However they were from a Chinese supplier who Im reasonably sure was based in the UK as they arrived in 2 working days via Fedex
They also has a warehouse in Germany

Incredibly cheap for not bad quality; being under £150 for equivalent 3000w of lighting makes them almost disposable!

I also had a problem with one of the bulbs being bust which they worked hard to sort out

Posted 9 July 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
I've a couple of small and neat, well-made German 300w lamps I don't use. I've only used 60w bulbs in them as back lights. They seem to get hot with 300w bulbs. I have plenty of bulbs, dichroics and the lamps have safety glass in them, barn doors, flood and spot, one stand, camera mounts and handles etc.

Let me know if you're interested

Posted 9 July 2014
gaffer
Photographer
gaffer
Maybe too late but is this of any use? Around £75 Unomat LX500 GS - new unused boxed 1000 watt mains operated halogen video light. Zoom flood to spot Fan cooled Full/half power Barn doors Tilting hand grip Tripod bush Mounting bracket
Posted 10 July 2014
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
thanks everyone for all your help and advice- much appreciated !

Posted 11 July 2014
scubie
Photographer
scubie
I've been using 85watt ( 500watt ) fluorescent bulbs,Daylight balanced at 5800. just replace the modelling bulbs in studio flash heads, and can the use existing reflectors etc.Run very cool. I found using two bulbs in studio ample. This my latest effort using that set up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i45Flxl0jgU

Doug

Posted 13 July 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join