advice on purchase .It doesn't suit my needs !

advice on purchase .It doesn't suit my needs !

7 posts
30 June 2014
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
I have just purchased an office chair from a well known high street and online company.I have assembled it but its the wrong size for my office.The terms say that I can return for a full refund if unused but I have assembled it so it is not now unused in that sense..any advice? Cheers

Posted 30 June 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Get a bigger office
Posted 30 June 2014
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Moorlane

I have just purchased an office chair from a well known high street and online company.I have assembled it but its the wrong size for my office.The terms say that I can return for a full refund if unused but I have assembled it so it is not now unused in that sense..any advice? Cheers

Ask the company who sold it what their returns policy is.

Cheers
Paul

Posted 30 June 2014
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORT..
wrong size for your office ??

don't think office chairs come in various sizes.. basically its one size fits all.

how is it the wrong size..what type of office chair are you going to get instead..??

Posted 30 June 2014
Linpics
Photographer
Linpics
The retailer is under no obligation to do anything for you, if their terms state you can return items unused and in original packaging then by opening the box and assembling the chair you are deemed to have accepted the goods (the only issue at this stage being if the item was faulty in some way)

You could ask the manager if he would be willing to provide an exchange (for a more suitable item) as a good will gesture however the onus is (or was) on you to ensure the size/ design/ colour/ etc is suitable for your needs before opening the box.

Posted 2 July 2014
Edited by Linpics 2 July 2014
pvfb
Photographer
pvfb
... unless of course the Distance Selling Regulations apply, e.g. you purchased it online etc.

Posted 5 July 2014
Edited by pvfb 5 July 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
redbaron
Get a bigger office
+1
Posted 5 July 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join