Back from having my baby... No interest ??

Back from having my baby... No interest ??

8 posts
19 June 2014
So...
I had about a year off as I was pregnant and now my gorgeous son is 3 months old and I'm wanting to get back into the swing of things... However I've put out a few casting calls recently and haven't had any interest at all ??
Has paid work for models dried up, am I too old now ? Are photographers thinking my post preggo body won't be up to much ???

Posted 19 June 2014
Cody
Model
Cody
Perhaps do a tfp shoot and update your profile so photographers can see how you are looking now
Posted 19 June 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Hey Zoe, don't take it to heart; things have got VERY quiet around here in the last year. Its a combination of several factors I think; 1. Much of the traffic has gone to other sites (the dark side that shall not be named) 2. Photographers, on the whole, are earning ever less money from images, so the budgets they have are lower (yes, I know, there will always be some lucky buggers who claim to be doing very well. But I'm talking about an undeniable general trend towards less money being in the photography game) 3. Every day that goes by brings more models to an already saturated market So don't despair. Keep trying if you really want to get back into it. I'd totally book you, but I realised about six months ago that the photographic/visual industry as a whole has no monetary future, so now I just do it for fun - but that means I have even less to spend than I did before.
Posted 19 June 2014
Good idea... I'll do a TF shoot when I have time! Tricky doing something unpaid when I got a newborn tho!! X

Posted 19 June 2014
Cheers arty ...
Oh the other site... I hate that site!!

Posted 19 June 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Ssshh we're sleeping.

Posted 19 June 2014
desyek
Photographer
desyek
I think the only thing that would put me off is that the last updated image was posted in January of this year. Hard to tell what a model looks like from older photos
Posted 19 June 2014
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Yes the site is quieter now but very few people are going to take a chance given the pregnancy. Doesn't need to be a tf shoot just get some doc shots done with a phone or compact. Having been burnt in the past I wouldnt take a models word for it on a post pregnancy figure.

Posted 20 June 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join