It's a rollover

It's a rollover

18 posts
10 June 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
So it's a rollover on the euro millions and the jackpot is now £95 million.

I'm sitting here killing time until they announce I've won. Just thinking of how I'd spend it.

Obviously there's the huge house and fancy car, helicopter pilot training and a share of a helicopter, so that's £20 million gone. I'm struggling with how to spend the rest.

So my question to you is... How would you spend £95 million?

Posted 10 June 2014
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
I'd invest the other £75 million in property development, so I could get even more stinking rich. Surely if you have that kind of money, it is a lot easier to accumulate even more?

I'd hire top advisors, so I did not pay a penny in tax!

I'd be the most generous photographer on Purestorm, loved by the models. I'd own a Leica S2 with all the lenses and have weight training so I could use it. I'd buy up a film studio for my model shoots!

Dream on!

Posted 10 June 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I'd buy luxury flats in several major European cities (say 3/4 of them at ~£5-10million each) and then simply live off the interest on what's left. According to Coutts' website you'll get ~2%, so even if you blew £45million on houses/cars etc. the other £50million will still net you £1million a year, that's more than enough to pretty much live a lifestyle I'd be happy with.

Or even just taking into account that I've probably got at best 40 years left on this Earth, that'll pay myself £2.3 million a year even without interest (and I'm fortunate not to have any kids, or anyone to depend on me). Unless you've got kids to pass it on to I don't think there's any sense in hoarding it, it may as well be spent.
Posted 11 June 2014
Edited by RedChecker 11 June 2014
KevinJS
Photographer
KevinJS
Good Question Howard
For 95 Million

Houses X2 One to live in one to shoot from cost say 30 Million
Bank Account say 5 Million
Equities held in certificated form half for growth and half for dividends 26 out of 100 companies in the FTSE100 are paying 4%+

House for the shoots would have all the boys toys Miele built in Coffee Maker and appliances plus cinema, games room.
The jackpot is now 105 Million and that will do me nicely just working out my Casting add

Posted 11 June 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
You may never have to refill a car ever again... simply buy a new one every time you run out of fuel and abandon it with the keys in a bit like what Bill Gates did when he earned his first $million
Posted 11 June 2014
psn
Photographer
psn
Buy a Premier League club...£95 million would buy Gareth Bale at £85 million and you have a cool £10 million left for the other 10 players...

Posted 11 June 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
I'd buy me love. Oh, hang on....

Posted 11 June 2014
Celt
Photographer
Celt
I'd employ servants ! The wife is awfully tired. (Thankfully she never sees this site...)

Posted 11 June 2014
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Nice House at Gleneagles (£2.5M)
Nice House in Barnes, London (£4M - love the wetlands there)
Nice Villa in the Seychelles (£5M+)

Then never stay in any of them as I'd be too busy jetting 1st class all over the world.

Posted 11 June 2014
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
No one buying Purestorm then?

Posted 11 June 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I'd rather buy the other site and just shut the ****er down.

Posted 11 June 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
HowardJ

How would you spend £95 million?

I'd spend the first £90 million on beautiful women, great food and excellent wine ..... but the other £5 million I might just fritter away.
Bob

Posted 11 June 2014
Celt
Photographer
Celt
Maybe a couple of Leicas to put in the door pockets of my new Jag F-Type. That's the Sunday car of course. Maybe a Hummer to sort out a few road rage candidates...

Posted 11 June 2014
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnapper
RedChecker

Nooo ! if you did that we'd probably get a load of them wanting to come back. I've had enough of dragons and white knights on forums.

Posted 12 June 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
RedChecker
If you did that, none of the Gloucester massive would know who to shag next
Posted 12 June 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join