General feed back

7 posts
29 May 2014
Just wanting peoples general feedback really, which pictures are the best? what im missing? what im not missing etc.....Thanks much appreciated Emma x

Posted 29 May 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Of its type it's a solid portfolio for this site, and your notes read well. I'm wishing you'd got something more fashion orientated in the mix and that your posing slipped a little from glamour styling to a more natural and soft look, I think this would balance your port and potential shoot offers somewhat.

Posted 29 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
I think your most appealling images are the softer lit ones such as these:

I also like this one as there's a sense of engagement about it:

Overall I think you have too many hand-on-head / armpit shots in your port - which kinda suggests that you have a limited pose repertoire. Also there's too much repetition of broadly similar shots in each category.

As to what's missing - I'd say naturally posed lfestyle images - a style to which I think you'd be well suited.

Good luck

Posted 30 May 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 30 May 2014
marlhamphoto

I think your most appealling images are the softer lit ones such as these:

I also like this one as there's a sense of engagement about it:

Overall I think you have too many hand-on-head / armpit shots in your port - which kinda suggests that you have a limited pose repertoire. Also there's too much repetition of broadly similar shots in each category.

As to what's missing - I'd say naturally posed lfestyle images - a style to which I think you'd be well suited.

Good luck

Its funny you should say that i have recently done a soft art nude shoot and awaiting the cd x

Posted 30 May 2014
profilepictures

Of its type it's a solid portfolio for this site, and your notes read well. I'm wishing you'd got something more fashion orientated in the mix and that your posing slipped a little from glamour styling to a more natural and soft look, I think this would balance your port and potential shoot offers somewhat.

When i first went into modelling back in 2008/9 I was taught dramatic poses glamour etc but since then have realised myself that i suit fashion and art nude better and have always said i simply look better the more natural softer pose. Up until now photographers have disagreed with me. I have recently done a far more relaxed softer and artistic shoot and awaiting the cd
.I have put a couple on that he has sent through email which are the silk robe ones, but have seen alot of them already and i do suit the softer look you are right, its just getting the right shoot i suppose, if some one wants dramatic/glamour then thats what I give and choose the best one they send me. Maybe i need to put something in my description and comments box as to the soft artistic look mmmmmmm what to put...................Thanks guys x
Posted 30 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
If the photographer is paying you then for the most part they're going to want to shoot you in the style THEY prefer (or perhaps the only style they're capable of shooting!) rather than necessarily a style which you think suits you best. If you're shooting for your port (TF) then just find a photographer who shoots the style you want and approach them directly. So there's no need to say anything about your preferred style in your notes IMO.

I would imaging 99 out of 100 photographers who approach a model for a TF shoot aren't going to do anything to enhance their ports. Those who can tend to be busy themselves and don't go hunting down models - so you'll need to do the legwork.

Good luck
Posted 30 May 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 30 May 2014
markeewould
Photographer
markeewould
marlhamphoto
I think your most appealling images are the softer lit ones such as these: agree 100 % I also like this one as there's a sense of engagement about it: Overall I think you have too many hand-on-head / armpit shots in your port - which kinda suggests that you have a limited pose repertoire. Also there's too much repetition of broadly similar shots in each category. As to what's missing - I'd say naturally posed lfestyle images - a style to which I think you'd be well suited. Good luck
Posted 30 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join