age and beauty

23 posts
22 May 2014
Is it just me or do others believe that putting an age on beauty is really wrong? I was put forward for a miss britain competition for my supposed beauty but then told sorry no can do, has they had an age cap of 28. Not their fault i know but seems a bit wrong to me,not to mention i actually felt old for first time ever lol x

Posted 22 May 2014
Edited by Emma_Collins 22 May 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I wonder if the 'miss' titling lead them to put a cap at 28? It might be a dated way to categorise young women who haven't married yet? Pretty sure the average age for ladies marrying is now into the 30's so they might need to revise that!

Posted 22 May 2014
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Perhaps there are different stages of beauty.

Brat, fresh faced, mature, lived-in, fading, old and wrinkly, completely past it, dead as a doornail, and finally manky corpse.

Unless you are born ugly to begin with, then most of us go through each stage. Nothing we can do about it, I'm afraid.

Dave (completely past it)

Posted 22 May 2014
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
profilepictures

Pretty sure the average age for ladies marrying is now into the 30's so they might need to revise that!

Do people still get married? How very quaint.

Dave
Posted 22 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Do people still do beauty contests ? How 1950's

Posted 22 May 2014
But the point im making is they obviously thought me worthy in the first place so why should the fact im 34 make a difference ??? go figure x
yes they still do miss britain pageants etc i was actually quite excited and scared i hear they are very strict x
Posted 22 May 2014
Photobomber
Photographer
Photobomber
I suppose its to give a level playing field and weed out people who stand no chance due to time.

Probably unfair on a few but then again youth does always win in the beauty stakes as a majority opinion.

This the multi billion £ beauty industry.

Posted 22 May 2014
Photobomber
Photographer
Photobomber
I suppose its to give a level playing field and weed out people who stand no chance due to time.

Probably unfair on a few but then again youth does always win in the beauty stakes as a majority opinion.

This the multi billion £ beauty industry.

Posted 22 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Photobomber
I suppose its to give a level playing field and weed out people who stand no chance due to time. Probably unfair on a few but then again youth does always win in the beauty stakes as a majority opinion. This the multi billion £ beauty industry.
How does it give a level playing field ? Is it anything to do with the cosmetics industry (I assume that's what you mean by beauty industry) - don't they make most of their money from 'old' people?
Posted 22 May 2014
Some of them do have age limits, some dont.
If you really want to give one a go, find one that has a higher upper age limit and apply for that.

Posted 22 May 2014
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Flaming heck, you felt old at 28??? You wait 'till you get up in the morning and have stiff ankles and have to steady yourself down the stairs using the hand-rail! That will come on sometime in your late 50's and get progressively worse.
Posted 22 May 2014
I always feel discriminated against because of my age Oh, and the fact I'm ugly And a bloke !!! Life's tough
Posted 22 May 2014
jes
Model
jes
I was a judge at a beauty pageant last year and there was no upper age limit. 

I think if someone is beautiful or attractive, then age has nothing to do with it.  I see older men and women who are good looking and young ones who are not, although I guess it's also down to personal taste/

Posted 22 May 2014
jes

I was a judge at a beauty pageant last year and there was no upper age limit. 

I think if someone is beautiful or attractive, then age has nothing to do with it.  I see older men and women who are good looking and young ones who are not, although I guess it's also down to personal taste/

I totally agree and most photographers think that the more mature lady as more about her too in my experience
xxx
Posted 23 May 2014
Kiboko

Flaming heck, you felt old at 28??? You wait 'till you get up in the morning and have stiff ankles and have to steady yourself down the stairs using the hand-rail! That will come on sometime in your late 50's and get progressively worse.

Im 34 lol the realisation of been too old for the contest made me think god i am actually knocking on a bit lol x
Posted 23 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join