Things to like about Pure Storm

Things to like about Pure Storm

49 posts
17 May 2014
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz

It’s extremely easy to navigate and is a very attractive looking website. It’s extremely easy to block members you do not get along with and wish to receive mail from.

It has an excellent feedback system which is superior to any other in the image hosting website world. Not only can you leave positive feedback, but also negative feedback. Not all image hosting websites allow you to leave negative feedback.

On the whole I think Pure Storm is run in a very fair way. Both sides of arguments are taken into consideration as the moderators do their investigations. Unfortunately other image hosting websites do not believe in fairness. They put their opinions and that of senior members before the truth and honesty of members, some of which are paying members, or were.

It allows criticism. Not many image hosting websites allow you to basically criticise the way its run even if that criticism is not warranted.

All in all I do not believe that Pure Storm gets praise it deserves.
Posted 17 May 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Ladiesman

It allows criticism. .

A  VERY big +1 as some sites (& site owners) are so far up their own arseholes as to actually make it one of the T&Cs not to talk negatively about the site.

There are also no obvious cliques on here like other sites have always had (and I don't really ever recall there being on here).

Most of the irritating pricks who frequent these sites have buggered off elsewhere.
Posted 17 May 2014
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
The mail system shows whether and when a message I sent has been read. I find this very useful because I can tell, for instance, if a member has logged in but not read my messages which in turn indicates whether they are serious.

Posted 17 May 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
It fulfils it's basic function well and networks models and photographers. Image resolution and quality is good for a website and the image manager system is effective. I have had good success with the casting call system as well. And I agree with all the above..and even the knock about forums have their place..so, yes +1
Posted 17 May 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
As well as all the previous comments, I like the absence of hysterical awesomeness .

Posted 17 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Purestorm's owners don't embroil the management of competing sites in resolving their personal disputes LOL.

Posted 18 May 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 18 May 2014
jpv
Photographer
jpv
Ladiesman
It’s extremely easy to navigate and is a very attractive looking website. All in all I do not believe that Pure Storm gets praise it deserves.
+ LOTS
Posted 18 May 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
RedChecker

A  VERY big +1 as some sites (& site owners) are so far up their own arseholes as to actually make it one of the T&Cs not to talk negatively about the site.

There are also no obvious cliques on here like other sites have always had (and I don't really ever recall there being on here).

Most of the irritating pricks who frequent these sites have buggered off elsewhere.

My thoughts exactly.
Posted 18 May 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
magpie1

As well as all the previous comments, I like the absence of hysterical awesomeness .

+1
Posted 18 May 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
PHP_Photography
+1
Absolutely. No offence to anyone but if one more fat / ugly / hideous / talentless model / photographer starts a thread begging people to validate them, I'll implode. Oh wait, I won't, I'm banned for being honest and not having a brown nose.
Posted 18 May 2014
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
I forgot to mention the fact that you can leave notes on members profile which only you can see. It's a really handy thing to be able to do as it stops you from contacting the same person again and again.
Posted 19 May 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Something else about this site to like (in the non-TwitFace 'liking' sense) it this ~  "Marie Celeste" heading.
Bobcheeky
Posted 19 May 2014
Edited by ForumModerator 20 May 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
....."Absolutely. No offence to anyone but if one more fat / ugly / hideous / talentless model / photographer starts a thread begging people to validate them, I'll implode. Oh wait, I won't, I'm banned for being honest and not having a brown nose"...!!! No! Probably banned (if you are banned) for being obnoxious and opinionated? I was never quite sure which..but some complex you have seems to make you believe your opinions are 1) more valid than others and 2) that based on the standards set by your own work, your subjective opinions of others are relevant? By the way, this was a post about "what we like"...not an opportunity for you to pitch in with you sour sarcastic unrequested and probably unwanted negativity? The fact is many on here enjoy their photography (something perhaps you fail to achieve?). Its not all about "art" or even "relevance", it's about obtaining some pleasure through process and stepping onto a learning curve. Any criticism of the results by self appointed critics is subjectivist and irrelevant. Positive reinforcement is far more useful to all of us who continue to learn and enjoy the process..I learnt that when I taught at college for 7 years..negative damning criticism for no other purpose but to draw attention to oneself is pretty futile and empty? But like I said, even the "knock about" forums have their place!
Posted 20 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
OldMaster
....."Absolutely. No offence to anyone but if one more fat / ugly / hideous / talentless model / photographer starts a thread begging people to validate them, I'll implode. Oh wait, I won't, I'm banned for being honest and not having a brown nose"...!!! No! Probably banned (if you are banned) for being obnoxious and opinionated? I was never quite sure which..but some complex you have seems to make you believe your opinions are 1) more valid than others and 2) that based on the standards set by your own work, your subjective opinions of others are relevant? By the way, this was a post about "what we like"...not an opportunity for you to pitch in with you sour sarcastic unrequested and probably unwanted negativity? The fact is many on here enjoy their photography (something perhaps you fail to achieve?). Its not all about "art" or even "relevance", it's about obtaining some pleasure through process and stepping onto a learning curve. Any criticism of the results by self appointed critics is subjectivist and irrelevant. Positive reinforcement is far more useful to all of us who continue to learn and enjoy the process..I learnt that when I taught at college for 7 years..negative damning criticism for no other purpose but to draw attention to oneself is pretty futile and empty? But like I said, even the "knock about" forums have their place!
I think he was trying to be positive about Purestorm... he is comparing it to another site where the sycophants seem to have gone (and presumably where he is banned). Some people (most of whom seem to have found a more comfortable place elsewhere) seem to think that posting 'luvly' in response to a review request for a mediocre photo/portfolio is somehow positive and any realistic opinion is negative. My view would be that false praise is the most negative response possible as it offers no incentive to address weaknesses.
Posted 20 May 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 20 May 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
stolenfaces

I think he was trying to be positive about Purestorm... he is comparing it to another site where the sycophants seem to have gone (and presumably where he is banned). Some people (most of whom seem to have found a more comfortable place elsewhere) seem to think that posting 'luvly' in response to a review request for a mediocre photo/portfolio is somehow positive and any realistic opinion is negative. My view would be that false praise is the most negative response possible as it offers no incentive to address weaknesses.

+1 cheeky
Posted 20 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join