Eurovision 2014

Eurovision 2014

27 posts
11 May 2014
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
Without getting too politically incorrect...i think its shocking that the amount of polish workers in this country that ship there wages home rather than spend in our country and then fail to give "us"-molly any points in the eurovision contest and then finish higher than us purely cause they show girls with deep cleavages being sexually provocative.....or am i mis reading the whole euro vision experience....

Posted 11 May 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Or option 3, you're not all that bright really?

Posted 11 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
xtiggerx
Without getting too politically incorrect...i think its shocking that the amount of polish workers in this country that ship there wages home rather than spend in our country and then fail to give "us"-molly any points in the eurovision contest and then finish higher than us purely cause they show girls with deep cleavages being sexually provocative.....or am i mis reading the whole euro vision experience....
As the workers from other EU countries are in this country they can't vote for the UK song anymore that UK citizens in this country can. You should probably direct your point to the large numbers of Britons resident in France and Spain (for example) for their lack of patriotic voting.
Posted 11 May 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
profilepictures

you're not all that bright really?

?

Posted 11 May 2014
Edited by Bob 11 May 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Ah Bob, you card. Aren't you busy making pictures of cheeky girls promoting sniper rifles? Headshots r us?

Posted 11 May 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
profilepictures

Aren't you busy making pictures of cheeky girls promoting sniper rifles?

Nope! I'm taking a few minutes break from sorting 5,000 plus images of Special Forces snipers and troopers which I captured last week in the Middle East. However once that job is over I need to work on shots of a rather pretty young lady I photographed sporting a Beretta ARX 160 assault rifle with the new GLX 160 underslung grenade launcher.
Bob

Posted 11 May 2014
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
Our song didn't deserve 16th place (top 10 for sure) but there was better songs...Our country doesn't want us to win.

People across the globe love British music, we do it best and yet we churn out 'OK to rubbish' songs come Eurovision...even Adele has offered to do it 2 years now...

Problem is no-one likes the UK so we need a 'out of this world song' to win...it can be done. Andrew Lloyd-Webber got us to 5th place and the boys from Blue got us to 11th place (we was in the top 5 for ages throughout the voting)

Whether we win or not its a bit of fun seeing all the nutty acts win, can't wait for next year!

Posted 11 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
AmyC_01
Our song didn't deserve 16th place (top 10 for sure) but there was better songs...Our country doesn't want us to win. People across the globe love British music, we do it best and yet we churn out 'OK to rubbish' songs come Eurovision...even Adele has offered to do it 2 years now... Problem is no-one likes the UK so we need a 'out of this world song' to win...it can be done. Andrew Lloyd-Webber got us to 5th place and the boys from Blue got us to 11th place (we was in the top 5 for ages throughout the voting) Whether we win or not its a bit of fun seeing all the nutty acts win, can't wait for next year!
I think it spoils the fun of watching the voting if you have actually seen the songs. If it was a serious 'song' contest they would either all be sung by the same person or the performers drawn out of a hat. Having said that I didn't see last night...
Posted 11 May 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 11 May 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
I was wondering who actually votes. Did anyone here vote?

Posted 11 May 2014
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
stolenfaces
if you have actually seen the songs.
I only ever heard songs not seen it
Posted 11 May 2014
Edited by Chandos 11 May 2014
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
...."Or option 3, you're not all that bright really?"......Well that will teach me not to send in a "tongue in cheek" slightly sarcastic post......and I cant see where my option 1 & 2 are.....

Posted 11 May 2014
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Netherlands had the best song.

Italy had the best performance.

The UK entry was good but the singer had a weak voice. Eurovision is still a singing competition and all sung parts of a performance (including backing) must be sung live. Compare Molly Smitten-Downes' performance with that of Emma Morrone -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9rndwc_3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nloomyEXfUA

I think all the booing every time Russia got mentioned was a bit hard on the 17 year-old Tolmachevy twins. But they have already had success having won Junior Eurovision 2006.

Other random thoughts... How the hell did Iceland manage to get ZZ Top as their backing singers? France coming LAST?!? WTF?
Posted 12 May 2014
Edited by Henry_Artist 12 May 2014
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
it is a freak show as it show by who was the winner.. a male (tom ) dressed as a female with a beard.. a drag queen..

maybe next year united kingdom should enter LILLY SAVAGE .. lol

Posted 12 May 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
I stand by my view on FB:

And so the freak vote wins purely because we live in age where people are genuinely scared of what others will think of them if they don't vote that way. If that song had been sung by some random man or woman, it would have got nowhere.

I personally liked Iceland. Eurovision needs more bonkers borderline psychobilly.

Posted 12 May 2014
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Henry_Artist

Netherlands had the best song.

I agree, actually said that musically it was too good for Eurovision, reminded me of The Handsome Family but without the darkness.

Felt sorry for France as moustaches are the in thing in fashion at the moment.

Posted 12 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join