How do I downgrade my account?

How do I downgrade my account?

51 posts
8 May 2014
Hi all -

Know it's been asked before but on my phone and it's too fiddly to search (!) but how do I go about downgrading my account and cancelling the monthly payments?

This site isn't what it use to be, even the forums are boring now! No new topics or anything coming up at all, the same threads on the homepage for months!

Thanks

Jaye

Posted 8 May 2014
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
How do I cancel my upgrade?

When you originally upgraded you will have been given a username and password to use with the Worldpay.com site, this is the company that handle our online payments. Go to their website(https://futurepay.wp3.rbsworldpay.com/fp/jsp/common/login_shopper.jsp) and login. From there you will find the option to cancel your subscription.

If you need help please contact the moderation team using this link: -
http://www.purestorm.com/contact.aspx

From the expanded FAQ's

Link added by Moderator
http://www.purestorm.com/faqs.aspx

Posted 8 May 2014
Edited by Jacqui 8 May 2014
jessicard

Hi all - Know it's been asked before but on my phone and it's too fiddly to search (!) but how do I go about downgrading my account and cancelling the monthly payments? This site isn't what it use to be, even the forums are boring now! No new topics or anything coming up at all, the same threads on the homepage for months! Thanks Jaye

I aggree I used to log on every day, now If I log on once a week I can keep up with the posts.
And they dont make it easy to downgrade your account.

Posted 8 May 2014
Edited by theperfectgentleman 8 May 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
Maybe it'll liven up a bit now the other site is handing out permanent forum bans

Posted 8 May 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Socialdisaster

Maybe it'll liven up a bit now the other site is handing out permanent forum bans

So they've had another purge of people who they hold a personal grudge against?
Posted 8 May 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
The forums might not be lively, but this is still the best "working" site for me.

If this site doesn't work for people in terms of getting bookings I can understand not paying, but I hope people don't stop paying on the basis of forum activity.

One thing is for sure the site won't survive without paying members so I think anyone who secures paid work from this site should pay their subs.

BTW, this is a general statement and was absolutely not directed at the OP in particular.

Posted 8 May 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
jessicard
This site isn't what it use to be, even the forums are boring now! No new topics or anything coming up at all, the same threads on the homepage for months!
I couldn't agree more. I'm not a member on Purpleport (yet) but read the forum daily. The topics are much more varied and interesting, and unless you read it daily it's easy to get behind and have to read loads of pages to catch up with posts. On here, though, you can go to the forum, having not read it for a week or more, and the same topics are still at the top and no new posts have been added to them.
Posted 8 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
PaulManuell

I'm not a member on Purpleport (yet)

You might want to hurry up and join - I keep hearing they've raised the required standard for new members. Lest they raise the bar too high and you miss the opportunity to share your entertaining forum banter with a wider audience.
Posted 8 May 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
My credit card expired and Worldpay or whoever they are have emailed me to update my payment method...but I have decided to let it lapse. Unfortunately, this site seems to be going the same way Net-Model went.....although that site is dire.

Hopefully it will pick up on here but as things stand I can see why people are migrating to PP.

Posted 8 May 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
marlhamphoto

You might want to hurry up and join - I keep hearing they've raised the required standard for new members.

Ha ha!  What's that entail then?

When I was there they couldn't seem to do enough to welcome GWCs and all manner of unsavoury folk.  As long as you didn't piss the inner circle off you were fine.
Posted 8 May 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
marlhamphoto
You might want to hurry up and join - I keep hearing they've raised the required standard for new members. Lest they raise the bar too high and you miss the opportunity to share your entertaining forum banter with a wider audience.
Of course, another reason the forum's so static on here is that some people are scared to say anything for fear of having a troll make an unsolicited sarky comment on their post. Fortunately trolls have never bothered me as I'm too thick skinned. Now, I'd better get my Purpleport application in before they set the bar higher than GWCs and their accompanying sh1t portfolios.
Posted 8 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Why would anyone pay membership to either (or any) site for the forums ?
The threads about 'models' not turning up, models expecting to actually get photos from tfp sessions, Castings which don't respect the photographer's rights, models getting photos as well as pay etc etc are not really a loss.

I'm sure the forums on other places may offer the chance to waste many happy hours being outraged at how awful everyone else is, and how wonderful your friends are... but those of us who actually take photos don't really need a daily fix which offers rather less intellectual stimulus than Coronation Street.

What is really bizarre is the number of people who don't contribute to the running of the site (ie don't pay anything) who like to post about how awful things have got here.... and how they are taking their free-loading elsewhere [just to be clear, I can see if you are a metal member, so this would not refer to any individuals who have accounts that show they have paid].

Posted 8 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
RedChecker

Ha ha!  What's that entail then?

Actually I've no idea. But I'm sure their rationale and reasoning will be explained, in their usual manner, to those not of sufficient ability to pass their test whatever it might be.
Posted 8 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
PaulManuell

Of course, another reason the forum's so static on here is that some people are scared to say anything for fear of having a troll make an unsolicited sarky comment on their post. Fortunately trolls have never bothered me as I'm too thick skinned. Now, I'd better get my Purpleport application in before they set the bar higher than GWCs and their accompanying sh1t portfolios.

For those interested (not many I suspect) I'm referring to your entertaining forum banter as evidenced by your contributions starting at the bottom of page 4 here:

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=274474&start=4

Maybe you were just having a puerile moment? (that question's rhetorical by the way).
Posted 8 May 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 8 May 2014
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
stolenfaces

What is really bizarre is the number of people who don't contribute to the running of the site (ie don't pay anything) who like to post about how awful things have got here.... and how they are taking their free-loading elsewhere [just to be clear, I can see if you are a metal member, so this would not refer to any individuals who have accounts that show they have paid].

Plenty more don't bother to complain and have either down graded their account or removed it completely and book all or most of their shoots elsewhere. There is no obligation to pay subs - this is after all a portfolio hosting site. People will choose to invest their cash where they see value in doing so. I have supported PS with subs for several years but I took the decision that I couldn't afford to keep all my subs running when I have no income.

Some of us are keeping our accounts going because we are hoping that PS will stop the flow of models from the site and encourage them back.

I would be surprised if many of them have taken this decision to leave because of the forums as most of them didn't take part in them anyway. Yet these discussions never seem to address why they are going and what can be done to encourage them back. Those of you with "metal" membership will still be able to see how many models are on line at any time - then you may understand why people are reluctant to part with cash for paid membership
Posted 8 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join