My portfolio

13 posts
6 May 2014
Bogle
Model
Bogle
Please only honest How I could improve it or its all right for now (I am here about 2month only)
Posted 6 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Your portfolio is a product of the photographers you've been working with. If you want a better portfolio then the answer is simple - work with better photographers.

I don't usually pay much attention to portfolio notes - portfolio images are all I'm really interested in. However some photographers do and what you have there at the moment is a bit of a mess and largely irrelevant. I think they need a big re-write so that you come across as more professional and aware of what photographers are looking for.

Some people will give you grief because you say paid work only and that consequently you'll never get good images. I disagree - changing it will only serve to open up the floodgates for offers of crap TF. The best approach is to keep it paid only but contact directly the photographers who you think can best help you with an offer that is suitable to you both.

Good luck
Posted 6 May 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 6 May 2014
Photog3000
Photographer
Photog3000
Hi there,

You have some interesting images on your port, but I feel like marlhamphoto, it needs tidying up. You have only been here for 2 months and it may be your newness that is deterring photographers from booking you as you only do paid work and again I agree with marlhamphoto, keep that on but trawl the togs ports and offer tfp to the ones you feel will give you the images to make your port better. Opening up to tfp will get you more offers and unlike marlhamphoto, working tfp takes the pressure off both tog and model and can allow a freedom to experiment more, but, you can still decide by the togs port if you want to work with them and whether it will enhance your port, which I feel is what you need to do.
You have a good figure, beautiful eyes and from your images, a good skin, so, you have everything a lot of togs want.
Good luck with your shoots

John

Posted 6 May 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
I think much of your current portfolio is off-putting, and your notes are too weird for me. Go look for a great photographer, one who's stuff you're really into, see if you can get a shoot and then probably ditch everything else.

Posted 7 May 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I agree that most of the portfolio is offputting (not your fault) as most of the photographers have opted to shoot at awkward angles and it looks like mostly with wide-angle lenses, the lighting & processing also leaves a lot to be desired (again, not your fault but highlights the important to be choosy who you work with if shooting TF).

Posted 7 May 2014
Bogle
Model
Bogle
Thank you guys, 2month I have been working on TFP basis, Thats where I am now, basicly nowhere. I am very greatful for your time, will try to keep up.
Posted 7 May 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Bogle

Thank you guys, 2month I have been working on TFP basis, Thats where I am now, basicly nowhere. I am very greatful for your time, will try to keep up.

No, you've gained experience in front of the camera.  Now you need to find some better photographers to work with cheeky
Posted 7 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Think of it this way. You only need half-a-dozen really good photos in order to start making your mark. Ideally not all from the same photographer - perhaps a couple from each. So that's only three shoots with well-chosen photographers. So forget what you've done so far - and focus entirely on where you need to go from here. It's not such a big challenge if you know what you need and have the drive to go about getting it. Don't let the past become a burden and in particular be prepared to open yourself up to each photographer's vision and way of doing things - the way you've been directed by photographers in the past is unlikely to be very productive so be prepared to start again with an open mind.

However I suspect your biggest immediate challenge will be gaining the confidence to say no to offers of TF from people who don't really have anything worthwhile to offer. That's your real lesson from everything you've done so far - which, in itself, is valuable.
Posted 7 May 2014
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
marlhamphoto

Your portfolio is a product of the photographers you've been working with. If you want a better portfolio then the answer is simple - work with better photographers.

I don't usually pay much attention to portfolio notes - portfolio images are all I'm really interested in. However some photographers do and what you have there at the moment is a bit of a mess and largely irrelevant. I think they need a big re-write so that you come across as more professional and aware of what photographers are looking for.

Excellent advice.  I think you have potential.  Take a look at other models profile notes and you will get some good ideas on how to revise/improve your own.  Good luck.

Posted 7 May 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
marlhamphoto
Your portfolio is a product of the photographers you've been working with.
Not solely, it isn't. You need modelling skills and ability and the right look, as well, none of which is down to the photographer. You can't, as they say, polish a turd*. Saying it's a product of the photographers is akin to saying "you don't have to do anything except turn up". * not aimed at the OP.
Posted 7 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Socialdisaster

Not solely, it isn't. You need modelling skills and ability and the right look, as well, none of which is down to the photographer. You can't, as they say, polish a turd*. Saying it's a product of the photographers is akin to saying "you don't have to do anything except turn up". * not aimed at the OP.

Trolling will get you nowhere with me I'm afraid. Have fun
Posted 7 May 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 7 May 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
I'm not trolling you at all. I'm simply saying that you cannot put the entire content of a model's output down to the photographers they work with.

Posted 7 May 2014
charn1
Model
charn1
Hi I'm back on here again after having a years break from modelling I have modelled for 7 years previous and I have worked with some of the best to the newest photographers but when it comes to your port you need a the wow images that sell you as you are the producer so to speak that photographers muas and designers will be using.
My advice is to find a good Mua and a professional photographer to get you set up well to get you the work and noticed.
Your port is varied which is good you don't want to be a one trick pony it's just making sure the outcome of the shoot is for your best interest.

Posted 7 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join