Should I have a boob job?

Should I have a boob job?

34 posts
29 April 2014
Vee
Model
Vee
Hi everyone Looking for advice on whether to have a boob job? Recently lost weight and in the process most of my boobs! About a B/C cup now, want to be DD but not wanting to be typecast for glamour work only as I like fashion and artistic nude also. They're still pert just small now, what are people's thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!
Posted 29 April 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
There was a similar thread on here started by another model last year, I think. The general consensus of opinion was that she alone should decide what to do, not base such an important decision on the opinions of other people.

Posted 29 April 2014
Years back I lost quite a bit of weight - the first place I lost the weight was on my boobies.. I was quite sad however now I'm a little bigger again (somewhere in between) my boobs are back a little and have been for a few years and I'm quite happy with them again. They work better for artnude/fashion anyway most of the time and the majority of glamour models who are doing the rounds at the moment don't have massive boobies.

End of the day don't make the decision based on work or what other people think - its your body and if you desperately want them done then just think long and hard about it and be sure its what you really want. Just think though the smaller size have nowhere to go when you get older, plus you will have to get them done several times throughout your life to maintain them. Its not a "one job thats them done" type of thing.

x

Posted 29 April 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
Yes indeed. At the very least DD. then get enough botox to give you lips like an orang-utan. Then you can look like every other half wit that's trying desperately to look like a celeb. Alternatively, remain the sweet looking beautiful human being you are.
Posted 29 April 2014
Vee
Model
Vee
Thanks for your replies. I have been dead set on it, saved up, researched and was going to book a date in June but after my last shoot I am doubting my decision as the photographer said if I had one he would probably only want to do glamour/lingerie with me and I would prefer to expand with more arty shoots, but the photos have actually made me think they aren't so bad. Your comments also making me think there is better things to spend my money on Thank you lovely people! x
Posted 29 April 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Sounds like a good decision.. You look great and could do many styles, after a boob job it would be glamour all the way.... Now just need to get you to come south...
Posted 30 April 2014
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Having looked at your port - you are in proportion. I really would not waste you money on getting fake boobs. I do adult work and have only twice seen nice 'fake tits'.
Just enjoy your figure, plus you would have to get them replaced every 5-10 years anyway. Is that really something you want?
With that amount of cash, you could save for a mortgage. x

Posted 30 April 2014
RonA
Photographer
RonA
Looking at your port - in my opion no! Questions: why and why not? For yourself confidence? Feeling inferior to other more "assetted" women? Comments from boyfriend/friends or so-called friends? As already said, it's something you need to ask yourself "will I feel better having done it"? What will I have achieved?
Posted 30 April 2014
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
If you want them done, have them done.
If you don't don't

Simple.

Don't do it cause someone said to & equally don't do it just cause someone said don't
Make your own mind up.. But seeing that you are even asking leads me to believe you don't want them done truly.
Posted 30 April 2014
Edited by BaileyK 30 April 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
Vee

Thanks for your replies. I have been dead set on it, saved up, researched and was going to book a date in June but after my last shoot I am doubting my decision as the photographer said if I had one he would probably only want to do glamour/lingerie with me and I would prefer to expand with more arty shoots, but the photos have actually made me think they aren't so bad. Your comments also making me think there is better things to spend my money on Thank you lovely people! x

It will attract a certain type of photographer without doubt - which is fine if that's what you want. The extra work you will get may of course be compensated for by that you lose..............

Sounds like you are coming round to the right choice to me!
Posted 30 April 2014
Edited by mph 30 April 2014
Vee
Model
Vee
Thanks everyone I was sure I wanted one a month ago but now im not sure I do, really glad I posted this as I have only spoken to PC's and surgeons before telling me I really need one and now being told I dont has made me feel so much better about myself. I also dont want to do topless so it sounds like it would be my only option if I went ahead and that could compromise my job so think I will spend the money on something else. Thank you so much xx
Posted 1 May 2014
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrenc..
I agree with Amber, don't do it, you are fine as you are, lovely in fact

Posted 1 May 2014
Preime
Photographer
Preime
have a look at the results of breast implants on other women and you will find that whilst they generally look ok clothed or in lingeries, in the vast amount of cases they look unshapely and obviously false ("enhanced" is a real misnomer") once seen in the flesh, so from an aesthetic point of view they are unappealing. Add to that the obvious short and longterm medical risks and you really have to ask yourself if it is worth it in the end.
My personal opinion would be no, judging by your portfolio I would say you are gorgeous as you are.

Posted 1 May 2014
Photog3000
Photographer
Photog3000
Not wishing to sound a prophet of doom, but it can go wrong, you have a good figure now and breast enhancement is a big risk, you will undergo a major operation with all it's inherent risks, please, for your sake and that of the people who really love you, don't do it, I would only ever advise it in the case of reconstructive surgery after serious illness.

Posted 1 May 2014
I don't know much for Glamour,
But for art nude, I'm consistently being told "thats its great that they are real" and "too many girls have got them done"

It is possible to do both with either real or fake, I do want mine done one day as I'm only a C but I'm waiting until after children so many many years from now.

Posted 1 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join