New to modelling.

8 posts
17 April 2014
hello all im new to modelling and looking to get into but not sure what agencies to use as live in north yorkshire can anyone help ?

Posted 17 April 2014
ChantiX
Model
ChantiX
Well first up, companies who will charge you stupid amounts for a portfolio, arent agencies! They simply want your money. You can do shoots on here as Time For Prints/CD where you both get good shots for both your portfolios.
Reputable agencies either dont charge, or take a fee from your first wage. You should never pay upfront for an agency.

Posted 20 April 2014
cheers for the advice ive learnt that recently with a company they tried charging me a lot of money for photos and portfolio work i walked away from them. whats the best way to promote myself on this website as its all very new to me ? thank you for the advice.

Posted 20 April 2014
ChantiX
Model
ChantiX
Put up a casting call requesting for photographers to work with you on a TF basis.

Posted 20 April 2014
Also look if there are any photographers on Purestorm in your area & see if they will do a shoot/offer help. In case you don't know TF means you don't get paid but should get some pics & a reference .

Posted 21 April 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
You're too short for mainstream modelling so model agencies are going to be a waste of time for you. Perhaps try talent agencies instead.

Posted 21 April 2014
For starters read the information given on this site...Main Front Page, bottom right...

Top tips for modeling
Your portfolio - what is it?
The elements to becoming a successful model

Read All Articles
Posted 21 April 2014
Thankyou guys
Posted 21 April 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join