Attachments to inbox messages

Attachments to inbox messages

13 posts
11 April 2014
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
[ Two identical topics have been Merged by a Moderator ]

Recently there have been several Moderator comments about models and photographers keeping the within The Purestorm messaging system but this is not practical as I cant a 4 to 6 page PDF of the shoot profile. So for every shoot I need to ask for an email address

As a suggestion if you want to advise people to stay within the community for safety then you need to provide the tools to allow this.
Posted 11 April 2014
Edited by Love 25 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Use a Dropbox link

Posted 11 April 2014
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Steven
Thank you for the idea but having never used dropbox how do you know the person has seen/received the document.

I may be a trogladite but I don't like leaving electronic information as I don't trust so much of modern life and keep my information to a minimum having had my identity stolen twice. Therefore I limit what I supply in the way of username emails etc. and still rely on emails and the postal service despite their imperfections.

Posted 12 April 2014
Edited by Skid2 12 April 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
No you don't know if they've read the 'attachment' (as it'll simply a hyperlink to a file on your dropbox account), but then how do you know they'll bother with attachments on a normal message? (it'll flag they've received and opened it but you won't get verification they've gone the next stage and looked at the attachment)
Posted 12 April 2014
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
As Steven says, when you invite someone into a dropbox file, you are sent an email when the recipicant has opened the said file.   smiley

Posted 13 April 2014
Edited by gerryquiff 13 April 2014
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_How..
I wish it was possible to send attachments via priavte message.

Posted 25 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Use a Dropbox link
Posted 25 Sep 2014
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecoo..
Another site has something called YOUR SHARED FOLDER which is kind of like a built in site dropbox! Very useful feature!

Posted 25 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
It's not hard to copy & paste a link though, either for the sender or recipient.

Posted 25 Sep 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Victoria_Howard

I wish it was possible to send attachments via priavte message.

+1

It would be quick, simple and would keep everything "in house". There's nothing not to like.

The question is, is it technically possible?
Posted 25 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
w4pictures

+1

It would be quick, simple and would keep everything "in house". There's nothing not to like.

The question is, is it technically possible?

Anything is technically possible but the feature that people would want the most would put massive demands on Purestorm's servers (ie. file upload & attachment rather than simply adding a hyperlink to a web-located file).  And even simply having the feature to attach a hyperlink will cause trouble because people will still moan... ' what's a hyperlink? '

Most of us seem to get by fine with simply copying and pasting a link from dropbox and additionally using the link icon that Purestorm provides in its text editor.

Dropbox & many of its contemporaries are free to use and have more than enough space for most so why not give them a try?
Posted 25 Sep 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Skid2
[ Two identical topics have been Merged by a Moderator ] Recently there have been several Moderator comments about models and photographers keeping the within The Purestorm messaging system but this is not practical as I cant a 4 to 6 page PDF of the shoot profile. So for every shoot I need to ask for an email address As a suggestion if you want to advise people to stay within the community for safety then you need to provide the tools to allow this.
4 to 6 page shoot profile? How many models actually read it?
Posted 25 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
HowardJ

4 to 6 page shoot profile? How many models actually read it?

+1

Unless you're producing world-class photos with a crew behind you, why on earth would you need this?
Posted 26 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join