photo hosting with e commerce

photo hosting with e commerce

6 posts
11 April 2014
inspired
Photographer
inspired
Took some photos for a charity event last night and need somewhere to host watermarked images and allow them to purchase originals online.....does such a thing exist?

Posted 11 April 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Are you wanting the site to actually do fulfilment automatically? (ie. produce & send the prints)

If not I used idealgallery.co.uk many years ago and it's really easy to use/setup (uses paypal)

Posted 11 April 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Loads of options

Smugmug
TheimageFile
Zenfolio
Clikpic

All of those allow them to order direct to the lab. A few allow you to do orders yourself. Most have a free trial you could make use of, though I find you need that time simply to work out how the interface works.

Wordpress has loads of bolt ons that will do the job if you have a Wordpress site. Most of the bigger hosting companies also have ecommerce options available with he hosting.

Posted 11 April 2014
inspired
Photographer
inspired
Thanks guys...all i really need it to do is to display the images with an option to buy the unwatermarked file enabling them to use as they think fit. I will look at the suggestions I really don't want too much cost involved as its a charity organisation and my time is also freely given.

Posted 11 April 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Imagicam do a month's free trial. Very easy to use.

Posted 11 April 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
If it is a quick and simple job just get a Dropbox account. Put the watermarked images in a public folder along with a pdf that has costs and ordering details on it

Posted 12 April 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join