Opinions Please

4 posts
3 April 2014
Still new to the modelling world... I would love opinions on my portfolio and my look/ poses etc. What could I do extra... ? Thanks!
Posted 3 April 2014
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Not a bad start! You look like you have a pretty decent look that people could work with

Get some more shoots under your belt and be really selective on who you work with - maybe consider approaching people who's work you admire rather than fall for the usual people who approach new models with lots of flattery and little talent.

People who approach you looking for shoots - look very carefully at their ports and ask yourself if you want to be portrayed like that - bear in mind what people have on their ports is often the best they can produce.

On all the portfolio sites there are people who pounce on the newbies because no one who is grounded would ever do a TF with them. It is evident who some of these are when you look at many of the picture comments on newbies portfolios.

What else should you do - sport and fitness - and try and develop how you can incorporate it into photography as a model

Posted 3 April 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Gerry hits all the right notes here I think, I'd add that since sports is your unique selling point, it'd be good to see this shown. I think with some really dynamic shots your port would be improved massively.

Posted 3 April 2014
Brian_Markie
Photographer
Brian_Markie
It's not bad at all. a few repetitions but overall you have a good future.
Posted 3 April 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join