New

13 posts
4 March 2014
Minni
Model
Minni
Hey lovelies!

I just added a whole bunch of new images.

I need you guys to tell me
1. what I need to get rid of and what I need more of
2. how my port is generally
3. if you would work with me based on my current look and port.

Please don't critique the photographers work also.

Thanks in advance

Posted 4 March 2014
Minni
Model
Minni
Wow. When did the forums die here?

Posted 5 March 2014
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Minni
Hey lovelies! I just added a whole bunch of new images. I need you guys to tell me 1. what I need to get rid of and what I need more of 2. how my port is generally 3. if you would work with me based on my current look and port. Please don't critique the photographers work also. Thanks in advance
Yup the forums are dead. However to answers your questions above 1. Nothing' much wrong I am not keen on the phone shot and there are a couple that look a bit "shot in a bedroom with on camera flash" (can't link them easy on the pad) 2. Really nice, have been amen admirer for a while 3. Hell yes Dave
Posted 5 March 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Minni
Hey lovelies! I just added a whole bunch of new images. I need you guys to tell me 1. what I need to get rid of and what I need more of 2. how my port is generally 3. if you would work with me based on my current look and port. Please don't critique the photographers work also. Thanks in advance
1. nothing really, it's a decent port 3. yeah
Posted 5 March 2014
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
(1) and (2) - profile looks promising. I'm going to be very cheeky and suggest it lacks the genre I aspire to, - model photographed against a beautiful natural scenic backdrop, most of the images are indoor or studio shots with the exception of three outdoor shots with an urban backdrop.

HOWEVER - (3) Most likely not!

Reason: checked out your profile and found I'd written this in "Your personal notes for this profile (These are only visible to you"

"Another no reply, Nov. 2012 re. shoots 2013 or studio shoot during the winter".

I must have written that in 2012 or early 2013.

Posted 6 March 2014
Edited by Kiboko 6 March 2014
Minni
Model
Minni
Kiboko
(1) and (2) - profile looks promising. I'm going to be very cheeky and suggest it lacks the genre I aspire to, - model photographed against a beautiful natural scenic backdrop, most of the images are indoor or studio shots with the exception of three outdoor shots with an urban backdrop. HOWEVER - (3) Most likely not! Reason: checked out your profile and found I'd written this in "Your personal notes for this profile (These are only visible to you") "Another no reply, Nov. 2012 re. shoots 2013 or studio shoot during the winter". I must have written that in 2012 or early 2013.
Thanks for your reply. No hard feelings then haha.
Posted 6 March 2014
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
No, I just moved on. But assuming you posted this with a view to getting more exposure, increasing your client base or with the genuine intention of improving your portfolio, I hope that you'll have perhaps learnt by now that in ignoring genuine requests, especially from local photographers, you're likely to come across as someone who doesn't reply or is difficult to communicate with (not this site but another beginning with P actually assesses reply rates and they're visible to members). At the very least you miss out on work. If I'd have photographed you, and if you were adept at what you do and proved reliable, I'd have recommended you to others. There's a group of us who do paid group shoots throughout the summer, it's regular work, - I don't think any of my circle of photographer friends have photographed you or perhaps even heard of you, - and thereby lies the importance of networking. You do yourself out of that if you don't reply. So I don't necessarily think your portfolio needs a great deal of improvement, I'm probably not worthy to judge but it looks fine to me, - just keep it fresh and update it regularly, - the problem to be resolved which you might be unaware of, is to ensure your communications are beyond reproach. Nothing on your portfolio to suggest it isn't, but who knows how many other photographers might have contacted you and heard nothing back and written similar comments in their notes?
Posted 6 March 2014
Minni
Model
Minni
Kiboko
No, I just moved on. But assuming you posted this with a view to getting more exposure, increasing your client base or with the genuine intention of improving your portfolio, I hope that you'll have perhaps learnt by now that in ignoring genuine requests, especially from local photographers, you're likely to come across as someone who doesn't reply or is difficult to communicate with (not this site but another beginning with P actually assesses reply rates and they're visible to members). At the very least you miss out on work. If I'd have photographed you, and if you were adept at what you do and proved reliable, I'd have recommended you to others. There's a group of us who do paid group shoots throughout the summer, it's regular work, - I don't think any of my circle of photographer friends have photographed you or perhaps even heard of you, - and thereby lies the importance of networking. You do yourself out of that if you don't reply. So I don't necessarily think your portfolio needs a great deal of improvement, I'm probably not worthy to judge but it looks fine to me, - just keep it fresh and update it regularly, - the problem to be resolved which you might be unaware of, is to ensure your communications are beyond reproach. Nothing on your portfolio to suggest it isn't, but who knows how many other photographers might have contacted you and heard nothing back and written similar comments in their notes?
I reply to all serious requests providing there is sufficent information and I would like to work with them. There may have been a few I've missed in the past due to being busy, but I always try to get back to them... If I don't it's due to one of the above reasons. In some cases both. Sometimes emails are just missed though, most people will write again as they understand having accounts on every modelling/social networking site and my personal email on top means that occasionally some do get lost.
Posted 6 March 2014
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
I'd prefer to think Minni, that I'm one of the few you missed due to being busy, rather than my request being frivolous, providing insufficient information to warrant further communication between us, or that for some reason you wouldn't like to work with me!
It's the few you missed due to being busy that should concern you, - in order to ensure your networking is as successful as it can be, to ensure open doors remain open, if you get my gist. If the reason was any of the other three, (personally I'd discount the first as photography is my main interest and my life much revolves around it), then in my opinion a negative response is often not only appreciated, it generates a respect between model and photographer that the model can at least be relied upon to communicate.
I can't agree with your supposition that "most people" write again, I'd suggest it's more likely that "most people" wouldn't bother to write again, - based on discussions I've had personally with other photographers and in the forums on here. Consensus on here seems to be, 'No reply means no'. So replies are important, whether yes or no. Because if a no reply is not a no, but because the message has been over-looked, it could well be a yes, but the photographer doesn't know that, so moves on! Thus lost work. And likely more lost work, because you don't gain the recommendations to other photographers from the one you missed!

Posted 6 March 2014
Minni
Model
Minni
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I appreciate your views on the matter!

Posted 6 March 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Perhaps due to time frames I still think of you as a bit of a ledge really.

Posted 6 March 2014
inspired
Photographer
inspired
you need to come fishing
Posted 26 March 2014
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
Minni you don't ever have to apologise for not replying to work you don't want to do. Don't accept the patronising lecture from someone who can't take any small form of rejection.

Posted 13 April 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join