Photography Show at NEC

Photography Show at NEC

20 posts
26 Feb 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Anyone going?

I'm thinking about going but never been to one before.

Which days are best to go?

Are there huge crowds and lots of wankers shooting anything that moves? (I hate queues, crowds and wankers not particularly in that order)

Posted 26 Feb 2014
Edited by HowardJ 26 Feb 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I'll be taking my biggest lens to make sure I get some cracking shots
Posted 26 Feb 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
RedChecker
I'm thinking of buying one of those holsters for my camera, so I can quickly draw my camera to shoot anything that moves. Need to keep the safety off too.
Posted 26 Feb 2014
Graham_P
Photographer
Graham_P
RedChecker

You only taking one camera !!!!   

Posted 26 Feb 2014
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
HowardJ

Are there huge crowds and lots of wankers shooting anything that moves? (I hate queues, crowds and wankers not particularly in that order)

I used to go 'Focus on Imaging' every year and I could never understand why people would want to walk round all day with a bloody great big Lowepro rucksack on their back and a monster lens around their neck...

And, no, there usually isn't much to photograph.

Best regards
Paul

Posted 26 Feb 2014
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
I'll be going, in part to see some of my photos that are being used on one of the stands.

Posted 26 Feb 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Paul_Jones

And, no, there usually isn't much to photograph.

You saying there's no booth-babes?

Gutted
Posted 27 Feb 2014
scubie
Photographer
scubie
Wish I was going, I know Elesha Eden is on stage there for four days!! I was suposed to be shooting her today

Doug
Posted 27 Feb 2014
Edited by scubie 27 Feb 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Go to an exhibition instead and see some photographs rather than dribbling over new kit...or "babes"!! Bailey is on in London and you are far more likely to be inspired by seeing his work than the latest way to spend your cash. I see work on here that is the same old, same old, every day..my impression is that most are happy to furrow the same narrow channel day in day out resulting in work that is less than inspiring. It's not even about quality, we all strive to improve all the time I am sure (still trying!), but its the lack of ideas? I would much rather see someone trying something new and not succeeding every time than another cliché glamour shot. As a point of interest how many on here have any print books from the "Great Masters" ..Lartigue, Bresson, Newton, Beaton, Bailey, Karsh, Man ray, Sieff, Mapplethorpe, etc, etc or is it just "instruction manuals"? And if you haven't worked your way through Basic Photography by Langford you should be ashamed to call yourself a photographer
Posted 27 Feb 2014
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
Yes I'm going to the photography show sometime over the weekend.
Posted 27 Feb 2014
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Be there on Monday

Posted 27 Feb 2014
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Yep going tomoz leave Manchester at 08:30 hours arrive NEC 10:00 hours, got my trade pass, list of the booths that I want to see etc... So should be an interesting day.

Leaving the DSLR at home though.

Posted 28 Feb 2014
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
I'll be there....
http://www.photographyshow.com/page.cfm/Action=Visitor/VisitorID=3074/loadSearch=74350_2634

Posted 28 Feb 2014
markwalden
Photographer
markwalden
Yes I will be there Sunday & Tuesday

Posted 28 Feb 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
How was it then?

Posted 1 March 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join