Some thing odd

42 posts
12 Feb 2014
marki
Photographer
marki
Hi How is every one today? I had a PM from a model ask if I would pay her £10 on top of her rates if she let me oil her nude body it not just me that's odd. I have stop talk to the model as I did not think this was a good thing for her to ask me for. In all the time I have been working with models this is the fist time any thing like this his come up. What would you have done? Thank you Mark
Posted 12 Feb 2014
Brian_Markie
Photographer
Brian_Markie
I personally wouldn't make a song n dance about it and either chuckle at and defo move on. It's obvious there are more motives to departing you with your hard earned.

Posted 12 Feb 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Outrageous! Has the woman no idea the problems that causes if you get oil on the lens and camera afterwards
Posted 12 Feb 2014
marki
Photographer
marki
What can I say
Posted 12 Feb 2014
dannyrich
Photographer
dannyrich
marki

Hi How is every one today? I had a PM from a model ask if I would pay her £10 on top of her rates if she let me oil her nude body it not just me that's odd. I have stop talk to the model as I did not think this was a good thing for her to ask me for. In all the time I have been working with models this is the fist time any thing like this his come up. What would you have done? Thank you Mark

Who pays for the oil?
Posted 12 Feb 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
dannyrich

Who pays for the oil?

It'll be a small price compared with the cost of that much Swarfega to get it all off again
Posted 12 Feb 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
O/P -I reckon that this shoot might slip through your fingers.

Posted 12 Feb 2014
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
This raises three serious issues: 1 Who is she? 2 Where is she? 3 What is her availability?
Posted 13 Feb 2014
RealityImaging
Photographer
RealityImaging
A new meaning for GWC - Girl with Castrol

Now as.much as I think we are being lighthearted in this thread, reverse the example and say a Photographer had sent a PM to a model saying he would give her £10 extra if she would put oil on his body? I think the outrage would have had pitchforks and staves on the forums!

Just asking for a little equality?

RI

Posted 13 Feb 2014
RealityImaging

A new meaning for GWC - Girl with Castrol Now as.much as I think we are being lighthearted in this thread, reverse the example and say a Photographer had sent a PM to a model saying he would give her £10 extra if she would put oil on his body? I think the outrage would have had pitchforks and staves on the forums! Just asking for a little equality? RI

Its probably because most women prefer to just get on with their job without being sexully abused and judging from some of the odd responses on this thread it seems that quite a few of the people attracted to responding to this thread would welcome sexual contact on a shoot.

- quite dissapointing really.
Posted 13 Feb 2014
JohnB
Photographer
JohnB
Brilliant thread!!!

Posted 13 Feb 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Report her profile to the moderators, it's a modelling and photography site. Can't see the distinction whoever oversteps the F****ING OBVIOUS boundaries.

Posted 13 Feb 2014
marki
Photographer
marki
It's good to see other people think it's not on like me that's why I put this post up

Posted 13 Feb 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Chrissie_Red

Its probably because most women prefer to just get on with their job without being sexully abused and judging from some of the odd responses on this thread it seems that quite a few of the people attracted to responding to this thread would welcome sexual contact on a shoot.

- quite dissapointing really.

On the contrary, I see none of that whatever.

This is a thread which wouldn't exist if the OP had said, "Thanks, but no thanks" and continued with life.

But I fail to see how the opportunity for a few oil-related puns can be construed as "welcoming sexual contact".
Posted 13 Feb 2014
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
i think its down to the tog who feels comfy in performing this duty

i wouldnt be comfy doing this personally and im a female tog

when i started out in photographing models a close tog friend of mine said the 1st rule of taking pics of models is you dont touch the model in any way and this has stuck in my head

i think you were right to say no to any shoot with this model she was clearly after a bit more the just a shoot.
you do have to be carefull

Posted 13 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join