Anti Pap

6 posts
11 Feb 2014
Catuaba
Photographer
Catuaba
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25927245

No recycle time either, not a bad invention really. Bet he'll sell a few.

Posted 12 Feb 2014
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Catuaba

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25927245 No recycle time either, not a bad invention really. Bet he'll sell a few.

As with almost all trendy 'inventions' these days. thats nothing new at all. These devices were being used over 20 years ago.

Posted 12 Feb 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
Not sure about it's effectiveness, or even it's necessity, as most 'pap' targets seem to be courting the publicity in the first place. It might work bloody well on speed cameras though.
Posted 12 Feb 2014
Bill_M
Photographer
Bill_M
There was a similar device on sale which was supposed to prevent speed cameras from reading your numberplate, by blasting it with light and overexposing it when the speed camera flashed you. I don't know if they were legal or not, but I suspect they weren't. I think they tried to get round the law by claiming it was an anti-paparazzi device, not anti speed camera.

Posted 22 Feb 2014
Edited by Bill_M 22 Feb 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
You have always been able to buy a "paint" which "broke up" the number plate numerals/letters when flashed and also I believe a "Fresnel type lens" which clipped over the number plate supposedly not visible in normal light but again broke up the number plate details when flashed.

The police claimed of course that any attempt to avoid identification was illegal but a bit of a grey area I suspect...? Probably just easier to comply and trickle along with everybody else!

Posted 22 Feb 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
All this numberplate talk reminds me of some plum who'd read that rubbing lemon juice on numberplates can aid in masking the details from speed cameras.  Fortunately for the police and the bank he robbed at gunpoint, rubbing lemon juice all over his face did absolutely nothing when being filmed with conventional CCTV.

surprise
Posted 23 Feb 2014
Edited by RedChecker 23 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join