Asking for location ideas

14 posts
6 Feb 2014
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
A model l enjoy working with has asked for a elegent fasbion set of Images.
So like to ask for ideas as we have shot cambridge before so askinv for ideas that would place a nice twist on it
We both need to keep any ideas from ca.mbridge via train as she does t drive . We like the Cambridge way cycling once arrived

So trying for ideas local as in up to four stops any direction. She is a lovely model so wanna find somewhere good.

Posted 6 Feb 2014
Might be a good idea to go out yourself and have a little scout about.

I had a great time years ago on a shoot with a photographer who was shooting me in my hometown, he just told me to bring some clothes and we would go for a walk through town. We just stopped and shot for a few minutes in front of anything we thought looked cool, most of those things wouldn't have been locations others would have suggested "the red paint cracking off back door to the hotel down George street, the cool wall on the bakers across the bride" backdrops which other people probably wouldn't notice or even think of suggesting. It was a hell of a lot of fun just going with the flow, very informal and the photographer got some great pictures.

Posted 6 Feb 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
or even use google maps to find interesting locations

Posted 6 Feb 2014
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
As Chrissie says, go have a look and see what catches your eye. A local map (or sat nav) is great for marking with those locations.
I've also, like Chrissie, gone walkabout with a model through an area and found details that I'd probably have walked by without my camera and model.

Posted 7 Feb 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I may miss your point slightly in replying since it's confusingly written.

If you're shooting in Cambridge, and I'd suggest its well worth a shoot. You'll need a taxi into town from the station as the walk is around 15 minutes and usually busy in pedestrian and traffic terms. From the market square in any direction you'll find good backdrops for a picture, from modern to very ancient buildings and with some very expensive and unusual architecture to choose from. If you're a little light on your toes, you can sometimes get into college quads and the like, many of which offer gorgeous settings for a picture, and I'd recommend any area bordering the river also. Maybe get a punt hired, not too expensive and offering lots of flexibility. The botanic gardens are pretty interesting too.

Posted 7 Feb 2014
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
I've worked with the model in Cambridge allow not the botanic which was on the list for this year. As if you read their website that one you do need permission for which I have obtain now. I am really looking for out of Cambridge. The model for this one we been shooting around the market and river for over four years looking for something different.

Allow will check out a watermill soon that I no of. As a picturesque setting.

Allow fifteen minute walk from the Cambridge station that's slow I've walked a model after a shoot back a lot quicker than that and pulling the suitcase.

Posted 8 Feb 2014
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
Allow thanks Chrissy you come up with some I need to check out as soon as wind drops .

Posted 8 Feb 2014
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Gerald, I don't wish to be rude, but you have the most singular grasp of the English language. Dave
Posted 8 Feb 2014
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Hertford Castle, lots of waterways and bridges, serious stone walls. It's in the middle of Hertford

Posted 8 Feb 2014
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
Thanks Clive I can look into these allow Hertford is a little costly on train almost trip to London cost but as I do know a model that lives their could try it with her first.

Posted 9 Feb 2014
Have just worked out the OP is writing "allow" instead of "although" - and there was me thinking he was using it as London street slang! Nothing to input except for that, I'm afraid. As you were
Posted 9 Feb 2014
grahamwhite
Photographer
grahamwhite
jessicard
Have just worked out the OP is writing "allow" instead of "although" - and there was me thinking he was using it as London street slang! Nothing to input except for that, I'm afraid. As you were
Oh yes, I see what you mean... it makes more sense now!
Posted 9 Feb 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Aha, I see, 'although' I get it now.

Anyway, can I suggest you 'although' at least fifteen minutes to walk from the station in future? Cambridge is absolutely stuffed with brilliant backdrops and locations. If you've been trying them for four or five years and only managed your current portfolio from these efforts... You walk too fast and are missing too much.

Posted 10 Feb 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
jessicard
Have just worked out the OP is writing "allow" instead of "although"
Tf for that, it was doing my head in wondering what he meant.
Posted 10 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join