Heffy
Model
Heffy
On my profile!! Just updated new images xxx
Posted 6 Feb 2014
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
Heffy Nell........sorry I just had to do that The standard of photography is poor at best. If you're serious about modeling find a pro shooter around your area who can provide you with ideas, themes, direction and some clever lighting. With right 'tog you can build a new portfolio in a day with images far more professional than you have at the moment! good luck.
Posted 6 Feb 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
SteveSav
Heffy Nell........sorry I just had to do that The standard of photography is poor at best. If you're serious about modeling find a pro shooter around your area who can provide you with ideas, themes, direction and some clever lighting. With right 'tog you can build a new portfolio in a day with images far more professional than you have at the moment! good luck.
?? In what sense is the standard of photography poor - Opinions may differ on which shots one likes, but I fail to see what flaws you see in the photos. For example I think the main profile shot is very nicely composed.
Posted 6 Feb 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
stolenfaces
?? In what sense is the standard of photography poor - Opinions may differ on which shots one likes, but I fail to see what flaws you see in the photos. For example I think the main profile shot is very nicely composed.
I'm left bemused by that comment too, the main picture is a cracking image
Posted 6 Feb 2014
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
I was pretty bemused considering the 4 added pictures which the model asked for comment were by Jack Russell and Fienderella.
Posted 6 Feb 2014
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
cgwebster

I'm left bemused by that comment too, the main picture is a cracking image

Cracking image? Its flat & soft, the point of focus is the ball, the colours are grey, there's no clarity or vibrance......it lacks depth & contrast, there are no lights or darks......need I go on?

Posted 6 Feb 2014
paule
Photographer
paule
There are no good or bad photos.. just ones you either like or dislike..

I like the main image, though I'd prefer a less muted tone...

The others, I'm a little, meh, about.. for me they are OK.. but not what I like..

Posted 6 Feb 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
SteveSav

......need I go on?

Why not? It's a quiet news day. But just remember to take a long ladder down there with you.
Bob
Posted 6 Feb 2014
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Lol @ Bob

Have to say, I'm just loving your main image cheeky
fantastic 
Posted 6 Feb 2014
SteveSav

Don't think you are looking at the same portfolio I just seen..

I guess its all down to taste.

If it means anything at all I think this is my favourite shot on your portfolio  - gorgeous figure, beautiful face and wonderful pose/expression.

You are certainly off to a good start, would love to see more of your work!
Posted 6 Feb 2014
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Whilst some might not agree with SteveSav's comments, he surely has a right to voice his opinion in a Portfolio Review thread.

To Heffy - I think this is, in my opinion, the best shot of you on your portfolio.

Best regards
Paul
Posted 6 Feb 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Paul_Jones
Whilst some might not agree with SteveSav's comments, he surely has a right to voice his opinion in a Portfolio Review thread. To Heffy - I think this is, in my opinion, the best shot of you on your portfolio. Best regards Paul
It's perfectly reasonable for anyone to have and express an opinion as to whether they like the pictures. But the standard of photography is much less a question of opinion . For example the main picture is clearly well composed and exposed. Whether the post processing Is to one's taste or not is something on which opinions may differ. If he had said 'I don't like your photos' that would be fair comment
Posted 7 Feb 2014
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
stolenfaces

It's perfectly reasonable for anyone to have and express an opinion as to whether they like the pictures. But the standard of photography is much less a question of opinion . For example the main picture is clearly well composed and exposed. Whether the post processing Is to one's taste or not is something on which opinions may differ. If he had said 'I don't like your photos' that would be fair comment

IN YOUR OPINION!!!

In my opinion I have left valuable critique, room for improvement, a chance to effectively strive for excellence which surely is the essence of this post.

You obviously settle for mediocrity, no lessons learned, no way to improve. You've left no critique but just had a go at me. Now HOW is that going to help Heffy develop her work.

If I ask for critique, ie, peoples opinions, critique is what I want, NOT oh yea your portfolio is nice, or as you say 'I don't like your photos',..... I don't like broccoli.

Posted 7 Feb 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
SteveSav
IN YOUR OPINION!!! In my opinion I have left valuable critique, room for improvement, a chance to effectively strive for excellence which surely is the essence of this post. You obviously settle for mediocrity, no lessons learned, no way to improve. You've left no critique but just had a go at me. Now HOW is that going to help Heffy develop her work. If I ask for critique, ie, peoples opinions, critique is what I want, NOT oh yea your portfolio is nice, or as you say 'I don't like your photos',..... I don't like broccoli.
You left a negative (and standard 'do tfp') response to the original post. Was that a critique ? I merely suggested that you were wrong, ie that the photography was perfectly satisfactory. How would someone improve from your thorough critique? A model's portfolio requires images that show her looks, strengths and abilities, even if the photography were poor, for a model, that is much less important than the content of the photos. You will notice that not one of the other comments agrees with you. Your later (more detailed) comments are not a critique of the photography, they are about the post-processing. Also, for your info, it is regarded as rude to comment on a photographer's photos if they didn't ask for a review. Thus when a model asks for a review people normally comment on how she looks in the photos, whether they cover all the bases, and whether she has made a good selection.
Posted 7 Feb 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 7 Feb 2014
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
stolenfaces

You left a negative (and standard 'do tfp') response to the original post. Was that a critique ? I merely suggested that you were wrong, ie that the photography was perfectly satisfactory. How would someone improve from your thorough critique? A model's portfolio requires images that show her looks, strengths and abilities, even if the photography were poor, for a model, that is much less important than the content of the photos. You will notice that not one of the other comments agrees with you. Your later (more detailed) comments are not a critique of the photography, they are about the post-processing. Also, for your info, it is regarded as rude to comment on a photographer's photos if they didn't ask for a review. Thus when a model asks for a review people normally comment on how she looks in the photos, whether they cover all the bases, and whether she has made a good selection.

Posted 7 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join