Purestorm Appreciation Thread

Purestorm Appreciation Thread

38 posts
5 Feb 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
I know these days there is a lot of talk of Purestorm 'dying' and being overtaken by certain other modelling sites but, after a recent testing of other sites (particularly a certain site beginning with the same letter) I have come to the conclusion that for all its faults Purestorm is still special. Personally I think there are many subtle differences to this site that still make it a much nicer place to be and to do business. So I figured we should all be positive (even the usually grumpy members), and just say what we like about it here. Hopefully we can encourage the PS team to get some renewed energy with regards to giving the site a kick up the bum and going places again too cheeky

I like:
- The admin team seem to be actual humans who are on an even keel compared to the teams behind 'the other' sites
- The community is large enough to give variety but small enough to make it manageble
- People just seem a bit friendlier here, models and photographers
- Its simple and down-to-earth with fewer of the silly gimmicks
- It seems more about being a catalyst to find talent and making it easy to arrange things rather than a place for photographers to just collect 'love' from other photographers

Of course, it has got a bit too quiet here recently, in terms of traffic, and I really with that it was possible to have nicer galleries with bigger images displayed. But hopefully that will happen.. cough cough PS team!
Posted 5 Feb 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
After receiving an unbelievable reply to a support ticket on the other 'P' site I'd also add that the admin team here at PS seem to actually have some customer service experience and manners. Something certainly lacking from the other site's team.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
keithpics
Photographer
keithpics
I totally agree. It's also a great place to find good advice on all manner of things.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
Totally agree. I prefer Purestorm - hands down.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
SuzyMonty

Totally agree. I prefer Purestorm - hands down.

+1

Posted 5 Feb 2014
Its a shame that when we "compliment" purestorm we find the need to insult elsewhere at the same time. Easily done I know, I've done it myself but lets just forget the other place exists. I like purestorm because it is trying to improve and because the owner isn't a dickhead Its nice to see the moderation going in the right direction. And even though I have had my fair share of arguments I generally don't feel like people hold grudges on here.
Posted 5 Feb 2014
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
In honesty I'm unsure that I like Purestorm, I certainly dont dislike it, however I used to love it. For a long time it was the number one site but during the last year or so the level of professionalism by members has gone right down hill. For me the last straw was the 'Who's got the best tits on Purestorm thread' I cancelled my subscription that day and seldom logged back in. Now I know that this is down to some users of the forum and not the admins themselves, but it has to be said that the forums turned skanky...or call it what you will. Now, as previously discussed elsewhere, other sites have had their problems and I do think that the skankiness has moved to pastures more purple thus leaving these forums quiet. Is it enough for me to resubscribe?..no I think not, not yet anyway.
I used to love logging on to Purestorm but not now, I hope things improve though.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
Chosin
Model
Chosin
we are trying guys {yes very trying at times} surprise
But thank you very much x
Posted 5 Feb 2014
Fox2006

In honesty I'm unsure that I like Purestorm, I certainly dont dislike it, however I used to love it. For a long time it was the number one site but during the last year or so the level of professionalism by members has gone right down hill. For me the last straw was the 'Who's got the best tits on Purestorm thread' I cancelled my subscription that day and seldom logged back in. Now I know that this is down to some users of the forum and not the admins themselves, but it has to be said that the forums turned skanky...or call it what you will. Now, as previously discussed elsewhere, other sites have had their problems and I do think that the skankiness has moved to pastures more purple thus leaving these forums quiet. Is it enough for me to resubscribe?..no I think not, not yet anyway. I used to love logging on to Purestorm but not now, I hope things improve though.

Oh i forgot about that thread - that was the day I un subscribed too.
Posted 5 Feb 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
I have always preferred PS.. its only the limited search facilities that frustrates me... otherwise I find the admin team fine (had a problem early on but that was my fault), the models seem to want to work rather then say "Im a model!", the forums used to be more fun (but also more aggressive!)and it does what is sets out to do. Yes other sites exist but none seem to achieve the end result as easily.
Posted 5 Feb 2014
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
I've been a member of various photography forums / websites for the last 15 years.

Over the years there are some sites that I've stuck with and there are some that I've left.  If I'm going to leave a site I just stop visiting it.  I don't post a "Goodbye, I'm leaving" thread.

Similarly, if I'm unhappy with a website I wouldn't dream of posting a thread about it on another competing website.  I would just leave.

So far, I think Purestorm is doing a decent job in providing what I need to hire models for shoots.  Could it be improved?  Yes, I'm sure there's always room for improvement, but it's doing OK for me. 

Best regards
Paul

Posted 5 Feb 2014
ATVLONDON
Photographer
ATVLONDON
Yes I love PS. Better than that fricking Purple site anyday. I nearly always get replies from models I contact on here, even if it's a "no" at least they bother to reply. There's a few people who like to turn something into an argument on the forums but on the whole it's no worse than any forum on any other site. The other site I used to be on was Models Club UK, also very good but that died a death unfortunately.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Maybe the forums just went a bit quiet and down because everybody was a bit pooped by the economic crisis. But hey, its a shiny new year and all is well (apparently), so we should inject a bit of humour back into proceedings on here. Positive thinking is the way forward.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
As an internet thicko who couldn't even set up my own profile (thanks Linderock) or make myself a Silver member (thanks Suzy Monty), Purestorm's fine for me because I can at least read the Forum and do searches on my own. I tried a search on Purple Port and couldn't find a 'Search' or 'Go' option anywhere to bring up models after filling out the ridiculously long list of criteria.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
When I first joined here a few years ago I would happily spend a good couple of hours enjoying this site. The forums were very entertaining if sometimes a little crazy, but overall a good way to spend a couple of hours. I'm a paid member here because I think it only right to contribute if someone spends what must be an enormous amount of time and money to set up and maintain a site such as this. Ok it may have gone much more quiet than before but I do log in every day and enjoy my time on here, although my time on here is much less now. I was reluctant to join the purple side when they first started but my curiosity got the better of me and I joined them as a paying member too for the reasons stated above. I have to admit that I spend more time there than here these days but I still enjoy PS and appreciate the hard work that the owner and admin put into it. I do hope that PS can grow back to the entertaining site it once was but I will still be a paying member of both. I believe that a little healthy competition does both sites the world of good, it keeps both site owners and admin on their toes and gives their customers a choice. My thanks go to all those that maintain this site and also to Ollie for starting this thread.
Posted 5 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join