Boob sizes to be a glamour models

Boob sizes to be a glamour models

11 posts
4 Feb 2014
Ok so I'm told by photographers to not get a boob job as they prefer natural yet I look In all mags like nuts and zoo and they ALL have boob jobs! Am I wasting My time with small boobs feel like giving it all up!
Posted 4 Feb 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
You can listen to what people tell you or you can look at the facts.

The majority of really successful glamour models have natural breasts.

The majority of high earning glamour models do adult levels.

The majority of glamour models scrape by, rather than make a decent living.

The glamour models who make any decent money doing less than adult levels work on the TV phone channels where their is a culture of ridiculious boob jobs. They do not rely on photographic modelling for an income.

Appearing in Nuts or Zoo does not make you a glamour model. A couple of well known headline models get paid to be on the cover or in features, the rest are amateurs getting their t*ts out for the lads for free.

Some models benefit from breast enhancement. The secret is to get your breasts enhanced sypathetically and in proportion to your body.

The majority of amateur photographers (which will represent almost 100% of your market) prefer natural breasts.

Posted 4 Feb 2014
Hahhaa thanks ... Straight reply I started odff wanting to do. Commercial and lingerie to be honest but was told i was too small to fat bla bla so I'd be best with glamour Obviously not
Posted 4 Feb 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
rubyleigh
Hahhaa thanks ... Straight reply I started odff wanting to do. Commercial and lingerie to be honest but was told i was too small to fat bla bla so I'd be best with glamour Obviously not
To small for commercial.. fair enough, but to fat is pretty harsh...lol
Posted 4 Feb 2014
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
imho i like boobs if they are big or if they are small but over sized boob jobs look horrid so like IanT said if they in proportion thats fine
Posted 4 Feb 2014
jes
Model
jes
Having a boob job will not make you get more work.  Improving your port folio with better images, working with a good MUA and marketing yourself will.  It is also possible to do commercial work and glamour.  Unless you excel in one sphere, you need to try and be versatile and go where the work takes you.  Only have a boob job for you, never for anyone else and certainly not for a modelling career!  Certain people will tell you that you can only do glamour work, but i suspect they will generally be the very people wanting you to get your clothes off.

Posted 4 Feb 2014
Edited by jes 4 Feb 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Don't get a boob job just for work.

Personally I feel even with a boob job you wouldn't make a big impact in the glamour market. If I was you I'd play to your strengths and forget about spending thousands on a boob job

Apologies if this comes across as blunt, but you did ask.

Posted 4 Feb 2014
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
rubyleigh

I look In all mags like nuts and zoo and they ALL have boob jobs! Am I wasting My time with small boobs feel like giving it all up!

Being honest, as Iain has alluded, there's a lot more to being a good glamour model than just standing in front of a camera with boobs out.

One could have the best or biggest boobs on Purestorm, but if she can't 'model' then she's no use to me.

Some main considerations for me when booking a model are:

- face and eyes
- does her portfolio show a range of expressions and that she knows how to 'model'?
- am I likely to achieve good photos with her / him?

I hope she won't mind me mentioning her, but Natalia has quite a similar boob size to your own - http://www.purestorm.com/NataliaForrest
She is also one of the best models on this site that I have photographed.  She knows how to work the camera and give good results - I guess because she has put a lot of work into improving her modelling skills.

So, no,  it's definitely not just about having big or fake boobs.

There are hundreds of models on this site.  If you want to succeed you need to identify how you are going to differentiate, or compete with, everyone else.

Best regards
Paul
Posted 4 Feb 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Not quite sure why you would go through an expensive operation for the benefit of unknown short term profit.

Not everybody even likes artificial breasts! And being a glamour model isn't just about how big your breasts are! How about trying different genres of modelling?

If you want to be used and type cast by the trashy male dominated boy's mags market, go ahead, but you have to consider whether you may be better than that.

But if Nuts and the Sport is your bag, then I guess go for it but even implants is no guarantee of work.

Try and get modelling work with your personality and professional attitude first before falling into the cliché zombie pouting orange skinned bleached blonde false tits mould!

Posted 6 Feb 2014
jonUK56
Photographer
jonUK56
Personally I've never understood the perceived fascination with 'big boobs', especially those that have been enhanced by implants. Give me natural boobs anyday and as a matter of choice small boobs will win in my books every time over large, The main issue as far as I'm concerned with boob jobs is that either standing up or especially laying down.... they just don't look natural. Now as for large or small natural breasts, I reckon small wins every time as they tend to be firmer and much nicer shaped when it comes to lighting and posing. Just my humble opinion for what it's worth
Posted 6 Feb 2014
boob size actually changes as you get older, especially before/after having children. As you are so young, also you could look very different from the way you do now, say, in 10 years time. Your body could naturally change to be the size that you wish to be. I used to be AA but im not now! As people say, no point just doing it for work related doubts because trends in what the "market" wants can change at any time. Different employers want different looks, and often a different model for every new job. I think its more of an advantage to be a "new face" than have this or that size boobs and to be positive, polite, hard working, punctual and reliable. If i had a penny for every employer that said that to me i'd be a millionaire (cant think why i'm not l.o.l.)

Posted 7 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join