(v.2)">Work has dried up :( I would like some help & advice ...

Work has dried up :( I would like some help & advice ... (v.2)

77 posts
3 Feb 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
Work has dried up I would like some help & advice on how to promote my self & make my portfolio more professional? Hello all Purestormer's! Basically work has dried up, I have put casting calls up but had very little response recently. I was wondering if people could help with constructive criticism & positive feedback on what I'm doing right & what I could do better on my port to make my port stand out & look more professional. All advice & comments welcome! (Please don't be too harsh or I will cry) Lol! Love Barone xxx
Posted 3 Feb 2014
Edited by barone 3 Feb 2014
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
Hiya hun, I'm sorry to have to say it to you babes but you might have to up your levels and ditch the old instant coffee for some decent percolator coffee. Oh! and offer Belgian chocolate biscuits instead of those tired old Aldi Jaffa cakes.
Posted 3 Feb 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
You could always post a message to forums on a site that is for networking with other models and photographers.

Oh wait...

Posted 3 Feb 2014
paule
Photographer
paule
Dear John...

I note from your pro-file that you is still an amachure with no expeareance..

I think if you posted some TFP shoutouts to the plebs you might be able to expand on the 41 positive feedbacks you have so far... and gain sum nollige of wot it takes to be a sucksesfull tog...

Its all well and good having loads of different models photoaz on your profile.... but its no substitute for experience...

One thing that seems to be really holding you back... is lack of kit... I can tell by looking at your profile photos and website.. that you need to invest in some flashes as I can see no hotspots on any of your models foreheads to indicate you are using oncamera direct slash... a common mistake, don;t let it get you down... with just a little practice you too can be getting really harsh shadows and forehead hotspots like the wot I can...

finally, and I have to be honest... your photos all look a little samey... try posting some crap ones now and then, if you can...

cheeky
Posted 3 Feb 2014
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
You have to let it be known John that the models don't need to bring their own Jaffa cakes!!

Posted 3 Feb 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
WOW....Thanks for all the great advice....it's greatly appreciated.

Right....

Lysander....Sorry about the Adli Jaffas, but I've got this thing about wearing those blue plastic shoe protectors over my sandals in the studio AND they don't come cheap....As for levels, don't push me!

Paule....I have offered, what you call "TFP"...I've never got a single response...Don't seem to be able to give it away....As for kit, I know that the more kit you've got, the better you are & it is a little embarrassing when models see I only have one secondhand camera & one lens, so I'll be looking to spend shedloads on more kit.

Lester...So they're not meant to bake cakes for me either?

Again...Thanks...This is so helpful.

Posted 3 Feb 2014
Edited by barone 3 Feb 2014
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
not sure whether this is serious or a joke so im going to sit in the corner and figure it out

laugh
Posted 4 Feb 2014
Edited by Iconic 3 Feb 2014
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Hi Babe Have you considered upping you levels? *rubs corduroy thighs*
Posted 4 Feb 2014
digimarx
Photographer
digimarx
paule
Dear John... I note from your pro-file that you is still an amachure with no expeareance.. I think if you posted some TFP shoutouts to the plebs you might be able to expand on the 41 positive feedbacks you have so far... and gain sum nollige of wot it takes to be a sucksesfull tog... Its all well and good having loads of different models photoaz on your profile.... but its no substitute for experience... One thing that seems to be really holding you back... is lack of kit... I can tell by looking at your profile photos and website.. that you need to invest in some flashes as I can see no hotspots on any of your models foreheads to indicate you are using oncamera direct slash... a common mistake, don;t let it get you down... with just a little practice you too can be getting really harsh shadows and forehead hotspots like the wot I can... finally, and I have to be honest... your photos all look a little samey... try posting some crap ones now and then, if you can...
A what?
Posted 4 Feb 2014
paule
Photographer
paule
amachure.. ie pertaining to one who is not profeshnull.. no need to duck..
Posted 4 Feb 2014
Ian_Wilson
Photographer
Ian_Wilson
Maybe the very small crease in the green paper background on your main pic is putting models off?

Posted 4 Feb 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
Ian_Wilson
Maybe the very small crease in the green paper background on your main pic is putting models off?
Go to the back of the class young man...it's a painted wall.
Posted 6 Feb 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
vipimages
Hi Babe Have you considered upping you levels? *rubs corduroy thighs*
Once I get my breasts done, I may consider it.
Posted 6 Feb 2014
barone

Once I get my breasts done, I may consider it.

You should. I heard its a sure fire way of getting more work! 

Posted 6 Feb 2014
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
If I were a model living close enough to you and saw you casting offering TF, I would want to snap up the offer in a heartbeat, yet I probably wouldn't get in touch; not trying to blow smoke up your arse, but your port is of a really high standard, and I'd feel very intimidated about approaching you for fear of rejection. Maybe there are lots of people who want to work with you but feel they aren't good enough? Not much you can do about that of course, just a possibility, maybe.

Posted 7 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join