Free Green Screen software Offer ends 4th Feb

Free Green Screen software Offer ends 4th Feb

12 posts
2 Feb 2014
oscar
Photographer
oscar
If you want to try greenscreen there is a free program download. Follow link below. When you get the screen –share on facebook or twitter you need to select one to proceed.
You need to register and then get a 25 digit key. Write it down.
Offer ends 4th Feb.
Regards

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2014/01/20/download-photokey-6-lite-compositing-software-for-free-sponsored/?ns_service=mail&ns_robot=partner-Adestra&ns_campaign=8343&ns_source=Adestra&ns_mchannel=email-n&ns_linkname=Read%20more%20%C2%BB&ns_fee=0&ns_recipient=barlowg%40ntlworld.com&ns_mail_uid=87&ns_mail_job=9804

Posted 2 Feb 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Thanks for pointing that out, though a bit of a faff to get it. I must get around to buying a chromakey background for the studio sometime just to see how much hassle this green screen stuff really is.

Posted 2 Feb 2014
Bill_M
Photographer
Bill_M
Unfortunately since I am not and never will be a member of Twitter or Facebook, the offer does not seem to be available to me

Posted 2 Feb 2014
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Bill_M

Unfortunately since I am not and never will be a member of Twitter or Facebook, the offer does not seem to be available to me

I didn't need to use my twittery thing to get it. Clicked one of the links (Facebook/Twitter) then clicked 'cancel' or something afterwards. Still sent me to the download page and no sign of a link from my Twitter to the software

Posted 2 Feb 2014
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
I've had a go at this and only having a green tee shirt. I have to say the results are crap.

Posted 3 Feb 2014
Bill_M
Photographer
Bill_M
desyek
I didn't need to use my twittery thing to get it. Clicked one of the links (Facebook/Twitter) then clicked 'cancel' or something afterwards. Still sent me to the download page and no sign of a link from my Twitter to the software
Thanks for the advice. I tried this and it worked.
Posted 3 Feb 2014
Funky
Photographer
Funky
Downloaded software, reported as security threat and wouldn't install.  Downloaded again, OK this time.  When I tried to run it, said my system was incompatible (W7), and to contact them saying did I want 32 or 64 bit type.  I asked for 32 bit.  Their reply was they only produce 64 bit type!!

Posted 3 Feb 2014
Edited by Funky 3 Feb 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Funky

Downloaded software, reported as security threat and wouldn't install.  Downloaded again, OK this time.  When I tried to run it, said my system was incompatible (W7), and to contact them saying did I want 32 or 64 bit type.  I asked for 32 bit.  Their reply was they only produce 64 bit type!!

+1

so waste of time...
Posted 3 Feb 2014
Orkadia
Photographer
Orkadia
Thanks for the heads up on this. Pro version looks very expensive when you already have the facility to do this in PhotoShop anyway. I will enjoy seeing what functionality the Lite version has and see if it can improve workflow...or is just a gimmick to try and get you to buy the pro version

Posted 4 Feb 2014
Bill_M
Photographer
Bill_M
I have now tested it. It does a quick and easy, but not the best, chromakey. It leaves a halo round the foreground subject and some background colour contamination on soft transitions such as hair. But then if they made it too good no-one would buy their professional version.

Posted 4 Feb 2014
Edited by Bill_M 4 Feb 2014
JerryG
Photographer
JerryG
Thanks for this. Have Green Screen Wizard for my PC but needed one for my mac. Will give this a go. Cheers!

Posted 4 Feb 2014
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
Bill_M

I have now tested it. It does a quick and easy, but not the best, chromakey. It leaves a halo round the foreground subject and some background colour contamination on soft transitions such as hair. But then if they made it too good no-one would buy their professional version.

I haven't checked but if it's possible to trial the pro version I might think about paying for it based on the results.  As it is based on this software I would not consider the pro version at all.
Posted 4 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join