So what do people think of my image selection? More needed?

So what do people think of my image selection? More needed?

19 posts
25 Jan 2014
sedilah
Photographer
sedilah
Just changed over a few images on my profile here and just thought I'd ask for feedback for the first time on how my profile looks. Also would higher membership and thus more image space (and higher listings) help? I guess I know the answer to that one... How much are the membersip upgrades now?
Anyway thoughts on images first please... be gentle with me.

Thanks for any input.

Rob S

Posted 25 Jan 2014
sedilah
Photographer
sedilah
Nobody have any constructive advice or criticism for me?

Posted 26 Jan 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
nope.

Posted 26 Jan 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
I'm not quite so keen on the blue and red ones and I think the blue dress is probably the strongest of the ones there.

Posted 26 Jan 2014
dreambhug
Photographer
dreambhug
Well, I think you have beautiful images of very stylish models. Re Lima in Blue, I would have had her feet, or toes peeping out from under her dress.

Posted 27 Jan 2014
sedilah
Photographer
sedilah
Thanks for the input... dreambhug and w4pictures. Any other opinions out there you're welcome to chip in.
I'm continuing to experiment (expensively) with cross processed 120 Reala for the colour wash effect seen in the 'blue' image of the hair toss. Does nobody like it? I have other results from the process I could put up. Part of the problem perhaps is without a drum scan you really don't get the image quality or colour depth present. The transparency of the 'blue' image looks amazing under a loupe. Still it's hugely costly to do without a particular sales niche to move it so perhaps I should consider dropping it?

Posted 29 Jan 2014
Edited by sedilah 29 Jan 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Nothing really grabs me, though it'd not a bad portfolio, just doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

Posted 29 Jan 2014
sedilah
Photographer
sedilah
Do you think a greater variety would help, in your opinion... ie pay for more images etc and show more location work maybe, it is now very much a fashion bias, or do you just think the shots themselves.... outdated? Static? Predictable? I know mine isn't a very contemporary look.

PS I like your shot with slight zoom pull on the step and your b&w work...

Posted 29 Jan 2014
Edited by sedilah 29 Jan 2014
Cody
Model
Cody
You don't have any images looking at the camera and your images don't show much of your body/how you look very well, which photographers would want to see. It's good to have your own style aswell though

Posted 29 Jan 2014
Edited by Cody 29 Jan 2014
sedilah
Photographer
sedilah
Err, I think you're in wrong thread. I'm the photographer, in a set of 10 images there are 7 different models shown.

Posted 29 Jan 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Hi Robert, I'm not sure what to say really, its not like there are any bad pictures shown, but there doesn't seem to be anything which really grabs the viewer, no statement piece or something which shows a recognisable style. I'm not founding your competence or your abilities I'm just left wondering if that's really the full scope of around 8 or more years work?

You've got skills, now maybe concentrate on creativity more, essentially, model, client, publications, all are interested in getting something with a bit of impact.

Posted 29 Jan 2014
i think the white balance is off on you main photo looks a tad blue to me.....

Posted 29 Jan 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
BA Hons...? I would suggest you need some more of virtually every genre?

Just a thought, I know things are different in the Home Counties. I live in Harpenden!(Definitely not my choice..the best view of which is in the rear view mirror!)

Posted 29 Jan 2014
Cody
Model
Cody
Oops sorry about the mistake earlier

Yes it would be good to see more headshots including facing the camera and see your work split into more genres ideally and more images

I love clubbing too
Posted 29 Jan 2014
Edited by Cody 29 Jan 2014
sedilah
Photographer
sedilah
Thanks for the constructive comments profilepictures. OldMaster bear in mind I only have 10 images available and the stuff I've done relative to this site is reasonably limited... I think you're right profilepictures in that much of my fashion portfolio is quite dated or constricted by a brief.... I've done primarily teaching, portraits and product/property photography since moving closer to London about 5yrs ago so not much fashion/model work since. I think perhaps I need to redevelop that side... and do more location work. Perhaps try using gear I usually don't and look more at current trends... its easy to get set in ones ways. Expensive though without a paying client...
I'm not sure then of the benefits of upgrading and showing more images until I have more new stuff. Little point in showing more of the same nor immaculate images of house interiors on here.
Josh.... Hah! I laughed so much, so so funny, so funny.... sooo funny... white balance is off... Hah!

Posted 29 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join