moving to Lincolnshire

moving to Lincolnshire

12 posts
23 Jan 2014
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Hi,
I'm moving to Lincoln soon and would appreciate any studio or model recommendations. 

Phil
Posted 23 Jan 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
This studio isn't too far away.
Never used it myself while I lived up that way, but I've heard good models like EKD and Illy praise it highly.
Bob
Posted 23 Jan 2014
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
good luck its dead around here for decent models ( reliable ones at least)

Posted 24 Jan 2014
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Bob

This studio isn't too far away.
Never used it myself while I lived up that way, but I've heard good models like EKD and Illy praise it highly.
Bob

Looks good. Thanks Bob. 
Posted 24 Jan 2014
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Iconic

good luck its dead around here for decent models ( reliable ones at least)

Not what I was hoping to hear. 

Posted 24 Jan 2014
clp
Photographer
clp
My studio is available to hire in Grimsby if that's not too far from Lincoln?

http://www.grimsbyphotostudio.co.uk/

Posted 24 Jan 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
photo_phil

Don't listen to John then, Phil. There are plenty of good and reliable models around Lincoln and nearby. Indeed I even worked with a couple of decent codhead models when I was living up in the Lincs/Notts area.

One of the most highly-rated models on this site used to live a short drive (or train journey) south of Lincoln, though I see she is now showing up under Notts so may have moved a little to the west, and there are scores of others with great reputations within easy travelling distance of the city.

If your work offer meets their expectations, you should have little difficulty sourcing suitable, reliable models to work with in the East Midlands.

Bob cheeky

PS: John, congratulations on your Desmond.
Posted 24 Jan 2014
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Bob

Bob cheeky

PS: John, congratulations on your Desmond.

why thank you
Posted 24 Jan 2014
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
photo_phil

sorry just my personal experience of my area within lincolnshire i would say 9 out of 10 of shoots i arange never happen or are no shows but thats what happens when you dont 'pay' models i supose
Posted 24 Jan 2014
I am in Lincolnshire
Posted 24 Jan 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
If you look on another site you will recognise the Lincoln University is a rich source of models although the Uni itself isn't mentione. Some lovel girls.

Posted 25 Jan 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
RupertRudd

Lincoln University is a rich source of models.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, writing the book etc....

I discovered my 'Muse No.1' while studying at Lincoln Uni and my 'Muse No.3' studied there; both are artists who also modelled (before careers eventually got in the way) and being paid to model was not their primary goal in life.

One of the very few genuine six footer female models I have published was also a Lincoln Uni discovery. Coincidentally, after 12 years she tracked me down only the week before last (through an aquaintance on Friends Reunited, which was very big when we were at Uni together) to ask if I still had any of her old tearsheets. I do, and she's now a very happy bunny.

Many regional university cities, particularly if the uni has a strong Arts tradition, seem to be a great source of models.

Bob

Posted 25 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join