Negative Feedback

19 posts
20 Jan 2014
PhotoOportunity
Photographer
PhotoOportunity
I have a question, I had arranged a shoot with a model, loads of communication, ideas etc, I prepped the studio and come the day and time she was a no show, she had both office and mobile contact numbers for me, I emailed to see if she'd forgotten or changed her mind or if anything was wrong and got no reply so I mailed again stating I was a little concerned and disappointed, she hasn't read that one yet. My question is that given that it was only a TFP shoot do I post negative feedback?

Regards

Posted 20 Jan 2014
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Its still an unexplained no show which was confirmed to go a head so yes leave relevant feedback

Posted 20 Jan 2014
riddell
Photographer
riddell

Whichever way you look at it its still bad, wrong.

In general it either costs time or money or both to setup a shoot.
And if it is a situation which doesn't then it still means you have had your time wasted at best. Worse if you've been turning down other work because you have this shoot booked.

Posted 20 Jan 2014
AlletunYL
Photographer
AlletunYL
I booked a shoot with a model then they turned up with a male chaperone not confirmed in precomms that wanted to CHECK OUT THE PLACE AND ALSO TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR 3 HRS To which i said no as I don't know the person and they are not part of the shoot. We are here to work and have a portfolio of work to build. If it was a female chaperone I may have been slightly different, but still find it discerning with chaperones to be honest. The model then left negative feedback on my profile that was totally inaccurate to where the studio is and to be honest if she had said she was bringing a chaperone I would have refused the shoot on safety grounds. Apparently the model had years of experience so should surely have the confidence to go to a shoot independently, knowing we are just Artists/togs doing a job, there was no reason to leave negative feedback on my profile for the situation

Posted 20 Jan 2014
When was the shoot supposed to be?

If the person has been online and has read your messages then there really is very little excuse that they have not responded to you.
If they have not read the message but been online then presume they are dodging your messages because they have a morsel of guilt about f$%king you around but don't want to face the consequences of their actions
What I would be tempted to do if I were in your shoes is send them one final message once a week or so has passed repeating that you were left disappointed and her lack of communications since then hasn't been very professional. Tell her you are leaving her a negative feedback and hope that she takes this "experience" as a lesson for the future.

ps = AllentunYL - Is it actually possible for you to "ban" somebody from waiting outside for 3 hours? If he is waiting outside then what was your beef?
My partner has taken me along to shoots - said hello to the photographer and waited nearby for me until the shoot is finished and I have NEVER pre-informed a photographer of this - its not like my partner is standing about watching the shoot or even within eyesight/earshot of it , its usually nothing to do with safety but just so I can get a lift from him. If you made shitty comments about it at the time then the model was probably left feeling uncomfortable about the situation. Starting off on a bad foot is never the way to make the arty magic happen. I've turned up to shoots and found extra bodies there, or extra photographers but I don't want to spoil the shoot so I keep my gob shut and get on with it as best I can. If I really felt uncomfortable I would maybe send a polite message to the booking photographer AFTER the shoot in private suggesting that in the future he/she mentions the extra bodies to models.

Posted 20 Jan 2014
AlletunYL

I booked a shoot with a model then they turned up with a male chaperone not confirmed in precomms that wanted to CHECK OUT THE PLACE AND ALSO TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR 3 HRS To which i said no as I don't know the person and they are not part of the shoot. We are here to work and have a portfolio of work to build. If it was a female chaperone I may have been slightly different, but still find it discerning with chaperones to be honest. The model then left negative feedback on my profile that was totally inaccurate to where the studio is and to be honest if she had said she was bringing a chaperone I would have refused the shoot on safety grounds. Apparently the model had years of experience so should surely have the confidence to go to a shoot independently, knowing we are just Artists/togs doing a job, there was no reason to leave negative feedback on my profile for the situation

Yeh that's not a chaperone. I find fixating on the gender of a person who wasn't even going to be there for the shoot a bit weird as well. 
Posted 21 Jan 2014
AlletunYL
Photographer
AlletunYL
Hi No I made no sh@tty comment or problem. I explained very calmly in the past I was attacked and robbed by a model and chaperone working together. The model let the chaperone in waiting outside and I ended up in A&E. They just worked together to rob me in the situation. It was not a model on this site though, I have been very cautious since. Also I had models threaten me if I don't do a certain TFP session as paid they'll send people to my house to rob me which I reported to moderators not on this site and the police. I know the model is still modelling though on certain sites under different names. Sometimes this is a dangerous game but most of the time 99% of the time we all get on great and produce great work.
Posted 21 Jan 2014
we have diverted of the op somewhat but i have to say i find the notion of a model not feeling comfortable to go to a shoot individually with a professional they have decided they are happy to work with very bazaar. an the fact that the fix is to take someone the photographer has had no contact with is shall we say #awkward but im usually very flexible on this sort of thing and as i pretty much shoot only TF* from here any way i usually try and encourage them to bring a friend if they want another person as then i have 2 people to shoot i do stick by a rule of no parents or partners just because so many of them have caused issues for many togs including myself in the past
Posted 21 Jan 2014
Josh_Woodcock_Photography

we have diverted of the op somewhat but i have to say i find the notion of a model not feeling comfortable to go to a shoot individually with a professional they have decided they are happy to work with very bazaar.

Professional what? There are few professionals around here.
Posted 21 Jan 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
AlletunYL
If it was a female chaperone I may have been slightly different,
Too creepy.
Posted 21 Jan 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
PhotoOportunity
I have a question, I had arranged a shoot with a model, loads of communication, ideas etc, I prepped the studio and come the day and time she was a no show, she had both office and mobile contact numbers for me, I emailed to see if she'd forgotten or changed her mind or if anything was wrong and got no reply so I mailed again stating I was a little concerned and disappointed, she hasn't read that one yet. My question is that given that it was only a TFP shoot do I post negative feedback? Regards
TF or paid, leave negative feedback.
Posted 21 Jan 2014
AlletunYL

Hi No I made no sh@tty comment or problem. I explained very calmly in the past I was attacked and robbed by a model and chaperone working together. The model let the chaperone in waiting outside and I ended up in A&E. They just worked together to rob me in the situation. It was not a model on this site though, I have been very cautious since. Also I had models threaten me if I don't do a certain TFP session as paid they'll send people to my house to rob me which I reported to moderators not on this site and the police. I know the model is still modelling though on certain sites under different names. Sometimes this is a dangerous game but most of the time 99% of the time we all get on great and produce great work.

I think its a little OTT though - trying to ban somebody from sitting outside in the car, to be frank its none of your business if somebody has a friend outside waiting and the gender of that friend has nothing to do with you either. They are not getting in the way of the shoot  or left unguarded to steal your property (which is what normal anti-chaperones complain about).

Fair play - you had a bad experience, nobody should have to put up with that. I've had bad experiences but if paint everybody with a shitty stick and accuse/presume they will all be the same I wouldn't still be modelling (and neither would many other models). You don't know what the model has went through before working with you, perhaps on her last shoot she might have been sexually abused and has her partner wait outside should she need to get away from a dangerous situation quickly - shouldn't she be allowed that non invasive safety net? 

Like I said- I've had my partner take me to shoots and wait in the car nearby, its never been because I fear for my safety. Just because its convenient (not to mention saves a bucket load on travel costs which the photographer saves). Nobody has ever said "tell your partner to leave my street" - I have to be honest if they did try to dictate where my partner parks I would probably just leave alongwith my partner. Infact its usually 5 minutes before the end of the shoot I will say my partner is waiting and they say "oh you should have brought him in".

Posted 21 Jan 2014
Edited by Chrissie_Red 21 Jan 2014
PhotoOportunity
Photographer
PhotoOportunity
Thanks for all the opinions, the model in question has actually been in touch with a valid reason for her no show and we have rescheduled for later this week so hopefully we'll have a good shoot, as long as she turns up this time of course. As for all the chaperone stuff, I wouldn't mind it if someone brought someone along with them and I certainly wouldn't care if they waited outside.

Thanks Guys and Girls

Posted 21 Jan 2014
PhotoOportunity

Thanks for all the opinions, the model in question has actually been in touch with a valid reason for her no show and we have rescheduled for later this week so hopefully we'll have a good shoot, as long as she turns up this time of course. As for all the chaperone stuff, I wouldn't mind it if someone brought someone along with them and I certainly wouldn't care if they waited outside. Thanks Guys and Girls

Yey thats great news! glad to hear its all been worked out!

hope you have a good shoot

ps- sorry for taking your post off topic 
Posted 21 Jan 2014
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
PhotoOportunity

Thanks for all the opinions, the model in question has actually been in touch with a valid reason for her no show and we have rescheduled for later this week so hopefully we'll have a good shoot, as long as she turns up this time of course. As for all the chaperone stuff, I wouldn't mind it if someone brought someone along with them and I certainly wouldn't care if they waited outside. Thanks Guys and Girls

how come you didnt wait a few days before starting this thread to see if the model did get in touch ?
Posted 21 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join