TFCD castings.

21 posts
19 Jan 2014
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent

Is it just me, or is a casting with the terms Hi, I'm looking for a tog that takes incredible photos so I can use them for an agency if anyone can help me out would be great, seem a little me me me sod the photographer kinda thing ?
Posted 19 Jan 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
I am not alone! Yes I too wondered.

Posted 19 Jan 2014
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
LOL yes

the expression "You get what you pay for" pops into my mind.

Then they say modeling is their full time job so they dont work for TF

unless its for themselves, it does always come across one sided ..

A TF should be a joint venture ie for the purpose of learning not comercial gain.

Posted 19 Jan 2014
Yeh, **** models with their 'I would like to benefit from a shoot' mentality, who do they think they are?

Posted 19 Jan 2014
basil
Photographer
basil
Darkstudent

Is it just me, or is a casting with the terms Hi, I'm looking for a tog that takes incredible photos so I can use them for an agency if anyone can help me out would be great, seem a little me me me sod the photographer kinda thing ?

Not really. I don't meet the criteria but if did I would do the young lady's pictures and then tag on something I wanted to do. It would be a win-win then.

Posted 19 Jan 2014
Edited by basil 19 Jan 2014
para
Photographer
para
Darkstudent
I can't see the problem,the model has laid her cards on the table,that's what she want's from the shoot.Likewise the photographer tells her what he wants from the shoot.If there is an agreement then the shoot takes place
Posted 20 Jan 2014
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Darkstudent

Is it just me, or is a casting with the terms 

1) Hi, I'm looking for a tog that takes incredible photos so I can use them for an agency

2) if anyone can help me out would be great

3) seem a little me me me sod the photographer kinda thing ?

Let me break it down for you as you have decided to pick holes in someones casting when they are free to ask for what they want:

1) What is wrong with asking for someone who takes incredible pictures - the only people who could be offended are those that don't take incredible pictures

2) If anyone can help me out doesn't sound like a demand to me - people are free to apply if they are interested or move on if they are not

3) The casting was for TFP, which means she is willing to trade time for images - she does not specify how much time or what type of images. I would have thought that a photographer who did meet the image quality criteria could make a proposal - perhaps they want to shoot something mutually agreeable, perhaps they shoot 2 hrs what the model wants and 2 hrs what the photographer wants or maybe someone with little talent applies and that is the best offer she has had and she then has to decide whether to accept or recast
Posted 20 Jan 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Presumably what the op is saying is that models must 'pay their dues' by working tf with photographers who are no good.
And that he would rather she just posted a casting saying ' interested in shooting - get in touch'

Then lots of people can reply to casting and get rejected.
That isn't how the system is supposed to work.

Posting comments here about castings which people can read and judge for themselves is just extremely bad manners.
On the basis of the current replies it seems you are indeed in the minority with your outrage - fortunately.

Posted 20 Jan 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
JadedRed
Yeh, **** models with their 'I would like to benefit from a shoot' mentality, who do they think they are?
Yes - next thing you know some of the buggers will want paying!
Posted 20 Jan 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
JadedRed

Yes fancy a model wanting something from a shoot.......  good to see 2014 going the same way as 2013  "take cheap shots at any model who dares!"
Posted 20 Jan 2014
digimarx
Photographer
digimarx
Darkstudent
Not the only one
Posted 20 Jan 2014
digimarx
Photographer
digimarx
Gerry99111
Let me break it down for you as you have decided to pick holes in someones casting when they are free to ask for what they want: 1) What is wrong with asking for someone who takes incredible pictures - the only people who could be offended are those that don't take incredible pictures 2) If anyone can help me out doesn't sound like a demand to me - people are free to apply if they are interested or move on if they are not 3) The casting was for TFP, which means she is willing to trade time for images - she does not specify how much time or what type of images. I would have thought that a photographer who did meet the image quality criteria could make a proposal - perhaps they want to shoot something mutually agreeable, perhaps they shoot 2 hrs what the model wants and 2 hrs what the photographer wants or maybe someone with little talent applies and that is the best offer she has had and she then has to decide whether to accept or recast
But don't you think the photographer should get more than just "time"? If they want a service, like portfolio building, shouldn't they pay for the effort of the photographer? "Time" doesn't pay for bills, though if it's understanding if the photographer was a multi-millionaire/billionaire, then I suppose they could offer the time
Posted 20 Jan 2014
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Would anyone care to identify themselves as an incredible photographer? I could venture a few suggestions, but I wonder if anyone would actually claim this expertise personally. We could then all check out your port!

Posted 20 Jan 2014
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcoc..
Kiboko
Would anyone care to identify themselves as an incredible photographer? I could venture a few suggestions, but I wonder if anyone would actually claim this expertise personally. We could then all check out your port!
i was thinking the same im really not happy with alot of the work i do but the models i have shot are so i must be doing something right.... but id say im still learning everyday P.S. this isnt an invite to critque my port trolls of the forum
Posted 20 Jan 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Kiboko

Would anyone care to identify themselves as an incredible photographer?

There's plenty on here judging by some egos.
Posted 20 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join