Essex work

16 posts
9 Jan 2014
Seems to me that Essex togs don't want to work with Essex models. I tend to find more work outside. Really strange or is it just me lol. I do special rates aswell for Essex photographers to get a work relationship going but ey.

Posted 9 Jan 2014
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Are people just holding back because they have spent all their cash over Christmas?

Most models have to travel to get work as there is so little paid work around

Posted 10 Jan 2014
canoncan
Photographer
canoncan
I have made quite a few castings over a couple of years and I can count on one hand
The Essex based models that want to shoot
I now contact models direct too shoot its a lot easier
I offer a studio
Dressed hair by me
Often a Mua
And great deal of effort and energy into the shoots I produce
And still it's difficult for Essex based models
I don't know why , if you find the reason Michelle
Let me know
Rich

Posted 10 Jan 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
I guess, much like cambridge also, london is so close you get a lot of competition from models that way. I know when I place a CC, nearly all the replies are from london with two or three from camsb / essex / herts.

Posted 10 Jan 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
I had to google Essex...

Posted 10 Jan 2014
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
barone

I had to google Essex...

Admit it John, you had to google Google first. smiley
Posted 10 Jan 2014
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Essex is a big ass'd place, your end of essex is pretty quiet like suffolk

Posted 10 Jan 2014
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah due to Xmas people have no money. And work is deffo more London area based x

Posted 10 Jan 2014
Glossypinklipstick
Photographer
Glossypinkli..
I shoot with models all the time in Essex & Suffolk!

Posted 10 Jan 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I've shot a fair number of models in Essex but only the one in Colchester mostly because it's just that little bit further than I wanted to travel.

still I wouldn't worry about it too much. you have a good look and you can model, so you'll get the shoots once people have paid off their Xmas credit card bills.

Posted 11 Jan 2014
In the past I never used to get work in Essex or London, I used to travel much further. Nowadays there is a bit more in London.

Posted 11 Jan 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
There are rumors that the recession is over but I strongly doubt it....so people are still watching their spare cash and I suspect that the number of guys with cash to spend on photographing pretty girl for fun (which probably sums up most of the paid work on here) is still limited.

Whether Essex is unusual in this respect I don't know. It might be that Essex photographers find it easier to arrange TF shoots. Or as mentioned above, those with the cash find London models.

Posted 11 Jan 2014
Glossypinklipstick
Photographer
Glossypinkli..
IF our reputation is good based on:
If we respond to messages no matter who they are from and whether they wish to pay us or not.
IF we respond to ALL those that apply for our castings (especially when they can see the message has been read) even if we turn them down politely.
If we sometimes compromise.
If we respect everyone no matter how much experience they have.
IF we resist being aloof and dismissive.
If we are polite and courteous.
If we work hard to keep our reputation in tip top condition then we should not have a problem working with anyone we wish to- now or in the future.
Models & Photographers talk to each other about other Models & Photographers wherever they are!

Posted 11 Jan 2014
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
I've just done a quick count up on my port on here to see if I'm holding my end of county up:

19 models in total, based on where they worked from at the time
Essex 11
London 3
Herts 1
Norfolk 1
Bucks 1
Kent 1
Manchester 1

Posted 12 Jan 2014
Thank you Howard

Posted 13 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join