I am a student photographer that has recently joined Purestorm

I am a student photographer that has recently joined Purestorm

5 posts
6 Jan 2014
JAMESIECOTTER
Photographer
JAMESIECOTTER
I am a student photographer and i am new to Purestorm .I am currently doing studio portraiture and looking for models to help me with this project.I am basing my work around the likes of David Bailey, Rankin and Peter Lindberg and will be taking the shots in the college studios.
I am posting this to see what people think about my profile and what i can add to it so any tips will be really appreciated.
Thanks
James Mckinlay

Posted 6 Jan 2014
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Welcome to the site James, there are network meets in Glasgow and Edinburgh each month. Mail me and I'll give you more details
Posted 6 Jan 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Welcome James,

Like your natural light stuff, push that a bit harder and you've something special I think, studio lighting is a bit flat and dull however. Back off the selective colour!

Posted 7 Jan 2014
C_Riccio
Photographer
C_Riccio
You are where everyone is when they start experimenting with lighting. Most would say stick to standard light setups but I would say experiment and push the limits. The key here is to take notes either mental or on paper of every lighting setup you use and the results you got. Many people stumble along relying on blind luck but there is no point nailing a lighting setup by experiment if you cannot reproduce it later.

Posted 7 Jan 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Welcome on board James! Have fun, experiment, enjoy - there is no real point in pursuing photography for any other reason these days. If it comes from the heart and you feel like you are adding something to the world then you are on the right track to being happy.
Posted 7 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join