"You won't be disappointed"?

"You won't be disappointed"?

27 posts
30 Dec 2013
digimarx
Photographer
digimarx
A model contacted me about a shoot, why does that model go "You won't be disappointed".

I would like to make up my own mind as to whether I wouldn't be disappointed or not

Posted 30 Dec 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
Petty

Posted 30 Dec 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
And the award for miserable moaning waste of time post of 2013 is still being fought for?

Posted 30 Dec 2013
Edited by profilepictures 30 Dec 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
johnlp
Petty
indeed
Posted 30 Dec 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Since most disappointment for photographers is probably caused by no-shows, the model might just be meaning they'll turn up.
Posted 31 Dec 2013
digimarx
Photographer
digimarx
SMILESPHOTO
Since most disappointment for photographers is probably caused by no-shows, the model might just be meaning they'll turn up.
Ok that is new to me
Posted 31 Dec 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
Surely all it is, is a small, but effective marketing tool. It says, "I'm a confident model who will allow you to produce the images you need." It beats, "luv yer work, interested in working wiv yer, hun".

Posted 31 Dec 2013
because...you wont be disappointed!

Posted 31 Dec 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
I'm guessing people won't bother after this

Posted 31 Dec 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
I'm disappointed after reading this thread...    
Posted 31 Dec 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
And a late posting, with only 28 hours and 51 minutes left, looks like it could win the most petty post of the year award.

Posted 31 Dec 2013
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
johnlp

Surely all it is, is a small, but effective marketing tool. It says, "I'm a confident model who will allow you to produce the images you need." It beats, "luv yer work, interested in working wiv yer, hun".

Or, it could be code, used knowingly or unknowingly, overtly or deceptively. saying that 'other services' will be available.
Posted 31 Dec 2013
Brian_Markie
Photographer
Brian_Markie
I was offered a shoot with " you won't be disappointed". I wasn't in any word of the statement. Me thinks you should go for it.
Posted 31 Dec 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
PeterH

Or, it could be code, used knowingly or unknowingly, overtly or deceptively. saying that 'other services' will be available.

If we go down this sad little route of trying to read innuendos into what models say then we are all damned.  And surely if the "code" is "unknowingly" used then "other services" aren't on offer.

I take models' comments that they are "open minded" at face value, and that they are willing to consider themes, WITHIN their limits.

Posted 31 Dec 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Or it could be she has recently racked up a no show feedback and she is trying alay people's worries about it.

Posted 31 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join