Rising challenge

6 posts
22 Dec 2013
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
the images when logging in

The Latest Images From Purestorm Premium Members

Are they not getting better and better in the last years?

It's hard to top them or produce new ideas. What do you think?

Posted 22 Dec 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
I agree I think the standard of work, overall is rising.

Posted 23 Dec 2013
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Well, things do tend to improve over time. It's called progress and development
Posted 23 Dec 2013
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Perhaps the technical standard (on the whole) has improved slightly, but this might have something to do with the quality of affordable cameras, lights, software, etc. that are now on the market.

However, creatively, I can't say there's very much to chirp about at all. Not knocking anybody's work on here, but compared to the American sites like Onemodelplace and Modelmayhem, where the general quality of work, creativity and originality, is considerably higher, I'm afraid we here are on dear old Purestorm, are pretty average at best. (With a few notable exceptions)

Happy Christmas.
Dave

Posted 23 Dec 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
One also needs to remember that MM is, essentially, an American site with a huge membership number from USA, many of whom are quite high end commercial photographers who use MM as a vanity space, so they are often showing work from big budget jobs with good models MUA's etc. it's not every case but a lot of people on here and other sites work with less resources.

Posted 23 Dec 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
I have to say looking at the 12 on the homepage right now, exaactly one is of any worth - creatively or interest wise.

Posted 23 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join