Oh Dear!

11 posts
20 Dec 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
"he had no qualifications" Oh dear indeed!
Posted 20 Dec 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
"He has no intention of returning to the field. He did it for the money to increase his income. What happened to the two women was wholly out of character."

Wow, considering this was probably the worst career choice to make money, that comment stinks
Posted 20 Dec 2013
Edited by Gerry99111 20 Dec 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
Typical gutter-shite journalism.

" he invited young women to contact him to get their portfolio pictures shot - despite having no professional qualifications or experience."

What fraction of photographers on this and similar sites who provide images for models' portfolios have professional qualifications and experience?

Posted 20 Dec 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
...."told her he wanted to measure her breasts from nipple to nipple to avoid shadows in the pictures"

Wow, that's a new one? Would say a disgrace to the profession but of course he wasn't a photographer. Why wasn't it blindingly obvious from the moment they stepped into "his studio"?

Fortunately in this case an upsetting incident which could have had a much worse result I guess...but a reminder where there are gullible people there will always be some low life happy to take advantage.

Despite some abusers of modelling sites for nefarious purpose it is still safer for prospective models to go through the process of reference checking and checking portfolios before ending up in some deviants bedroom?

Take care ladies (and guys)this Christmas!

Posted 20 Dec 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
skymouse

What fraction of photographers on this and similar sites who provide images for models' portfolios have professional qualifications and experience?

Probably very few, but then the general public need something to judge a photographer by as they're too bloody thick to open their eyes and judge for themselves.

I do wonder however if he was CRB checked though, it would have been an interesting twist to the story if the press had noted that (if he was).
Posted 20 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
In fairness "Toby Burrows, defending, said his client was estranged from his wife and had rheumatoid arthritis. He accepted the findings of the court and that his victims has suffered some discomfort."
Posted 20 Dec 2013
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
Ah! Kent Online. For a moment there I mis-read it.
Posted 20 Dec 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
RedChecker

I do wonder however if he was CRB checked though,

Now called DBS.

Posted 21 Dec 2013
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
"He did it for the money to increase his income." - WTF? I literally rolled on the floor laughing (but I am rather drunk so it may have been that).
Posted 23 Dec 2013
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Ugh. His defense's lines are disgusting. If you repeatedly sexually assault women then it's hardly out of character.

Posted 23 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join