Not good Enough!

Not good Enough!

65 posts
18 Dec 2013
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Glad I wasn't one of the photographers applying for a certain casting call which has appeared. Apparently it's the second casting call the model's posted in a couple of days, over 50 replies received and NONE of the applicants was good enough! 

Posted 18 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
I though the travel to Fantasy World was the problem - take too long to get there.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Call me sceptical but there is a chance that 50 photographers who may apply just won't be good enough! Maybe for once the model has got her head screwed on properly instead of settling for pictures of little value like many do.
Whether she should be using the castings and whether her terms are attractive enough to find what she is looking for is another thing but to be honest, its none of our business unless she asks for help

Posted 18 Dec 2013
MightyWhite
Photographer
MightyWhite
Me thinks she may have to put her hand in her pocket to get what she thinks she wants.

But even then her expectations might be too high so I'd be very wary.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Yes, there's a lot of shit photographers on these sites unfortunately.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I think you'd better grow up a little Kiboko, being snidey about a rejection to a casting hardly makes you look especially reasonable does it?

We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't. Get better or ignore, or shush, just don't whine about it.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
silverk
Photographer
silverk
Well I have applied for the second casting, if she says no then she wont be the first and wont be the last. The only way we get better is by being critiqued!

Posted 18 Dec 2013
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
I have applied if only for the honour of joining a list..... but good for her . She looks a good model so should be picky, OK her casting lacks a bit of Xmas spirit but ho ho ho....
Posted 18 Dec 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
profilepictures
being snidey about a rejection to a casting We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't.
Maybe you should read posts properly before having a dig at people. He clearly says in his opening sentence he's glad he wasn't one of those photographers who'd applied to that casting call.
Posted 18 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
profilepictures
I think you'd better grow up a little Kiboko, being snidey about a rejection to a casting hardly makes you look especially reasonable does it? We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't. Get better or ignore, or shush, just don't whine about it.
To be fair - he hadn't applied! I don't have a problem with her being selective - but there are ways of responding to applications without announcing that no-one is good enough for her! It may of course be that those who have not applied feel much the same way!
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Edited by mph 18 Dec 2013
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Kiboko

Apparently it's the second casting call the model's posted in a couple of days, over 50 replies received and NONE of the applicants was good enough! 

That's just t'internet mirroring the real world for once; a world where for every successful applicant interviewed scores or even hundreds don't make it past the first hurdle.

What surprises me is that the model concerned only had fifty offers of TF from guys pitching beyond their skills level.

Bob

Posted 18 Dec 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Lol...Its not about whether your photographic skills are good enough, its about whether you are good enough to pay or not...offer her enough and you'll be good enough, I'm pretty sure about that..
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
I saw that casting, was amusing. But mostly because I am (constantly) suprised at how people don't realize how they portray themselves.

Even if i was awesome enough to apply, I wouldn't, the CC just shows someone I wouldn't want to spend time with. Not to mention the fact her port was hardly "all that".

Perhaps it was a language thing, though, who knows. She isn't English.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I love these forums
Posted 18 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
IainT

Lol...Its not about whether your photographic skills are good enough, its about whether you are good enough to pay or not...offer her enough and you'll be good enough, I'm pretty sure about that..

Oo - you are cynical!  wink
Posted 18 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join