Happy Saint Andrew's day

Happy Saint Andrew's day

37 posts
30 Nov 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Happy Saint Andrews day folks.  

There will be nothing worn under my kilt today...........as usual it's all in perfect condition 
Posted 30 Nov 2013
Edited by gerryquiff 30 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
What about the stuff under the kilt though - is that still as knackered as I have been told?

(rusty through lack of use)
Posted 30 Nov 2013
Edited by mph 30 Nov 2013
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
gerryquiff

There will be nothing worn under my kilt today.........

Is this a St Andrew's Day tradition? Certainly a bracing time of year for it. A bit of a George round the Niags, as they say hereabouts.
Posted 30 Nov 2013
david1500
Photographer
david1500

Are they going to rebuild the wall after THE VOTE .

Posted 30 Nov 2013
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
david1500

Are they going to rebuild the wall after THE VOTE .

would doubt it very much as its a forgone conclusion that they will vote no to independence
Posted 30 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
sirspread

would doubt it very much as its a forgone conclusion that they will vote no to independence

I disagree.  I think that Scotland will be on their own merry way next year and, oh boy, will England miss them. Yes it will.

Incidentally, according to wiki, 'a significant part' of the wall still remains so it won't be such a big job when England implodes.

Off thread though - so back to St Andrew ...

Posted 30 Nov 2013
Edited by SandyCamel 30 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
SandyCamel

I think that Scotland will be on their own merry way next year and, oh boy, will England miss them. Yes it will.

As an English tax payer, I'll certainly miss the £billions that we'll still be paying them when they've decided to bugger off and go it alone.
Posted 30 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
RedChecker

As an English tax payer, I'll certainly miss the £billions that we'll still be paying them when they've decided to bugger off and go it alone.

Could you clarify what you mean please, that is a bit subjective ? 

Very unusual for you to generalise without objective detail I think ??? 

Sounds like you agree with me then, and that they will be brave enough to 'go it alone'. or 'bugger off' as you term it.

Posted 30 Nov 2013
Edited by SandyCamel 30 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Ooooh, Red Checker is back ..... delete, delete, delete
Posted 30 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Yes, I do agree. But they will reap great rewards in the form of subsidies (or whatever anyone wishes to call them) that are paid for by the English tax payer as part of their agreement to dissolve the union.

Personally I'd rather we pre-empted their vote by simply severing them ourselves (without any pay). That'd sure wipe the grin of that smug bastard Salmond's face.

Posted 30 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
RedChecker

Yes, I do agree. But they will reap great rewards in the form of subsidies (or whatever anyone wishes to call them) that are paid for by the English tax payer as part of their agreement to dissolve the union. Personally I'd rather we pre-empted their vote by simply severing them ourselves (without any pay). That'd sure wipe the grin of that smug bastard Salmond's face.

Wow ! that is quite a statement !!!

I have to say that I am very surprised and am happy to be educated.

Can you supply a link re: the subsidies you refer to or elaborate about this please ???

Posted 30 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Oh, he's gone again
Posted 30 Nov 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
RedChecker

Yes, I do agree. But they will reap great rewards in the form of subsidies (or whatever anyone wishes to call them) that are paid for by the English tax payer as part of their agreement to dissolve the union. Personally I'd rather we pre-empted their vote by simply severing them ourselves (without any pay). That'd sure wipe the grin of that smug bastard Salmond's face.[/qt]

His position as First Minister will be up for vote on the following May anyway, so if he's not wanted he won't be voted for. smiley

Posted 30 Nov 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
RedChecker

We might just charge the Westminster government berthing fees for 'your' toxic trident nuclear weapons until they can be transferred down south. Where would you prefer them berthed..........The Thames ?

Posted 30 Nov 2013
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
It isn't going to happen because nothing will change.
Scotland wont vote for independence.

Posted 30 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join