Is there something I don't know?

Is there something I don't know?

20 posts
29 Nov 2013
It seems just recently after 7 years of modelling and over 250 good 100% positive feedbacks I can't seem to get any modelling work. I email photographers they don't reply? I cannot seem to win whatever I do. Is there something I don't know?? 
Posted 29 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
This 'recession' is hitting hard. Most photographers on these sites do it as a (rather expensive) hobby and in times of financial need it will be the hobby that'll go first. I for one haven't taken a single photo for five months due to time & money problems myself.

Posted 29 Nov 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
There is always something you do not know, thats how life is.

As for work, have you not realised that there has been a down-turn in the economy over the last few years, and every model is getting less, and less bookings.

Even the cock with a camera is struggling (thank god).

Posted 29 Nov 2013
NTN_Photography
Photographer
NTN_Photogra..
Hi Samantha,
I seem to be in the opposite? Since I was made redundant, I have been getting asked to undertake many shoots. But as I have don't have any permanent work, I am unable to book models and have had to turn away potential shoots. I think its down to the lack of money available. So lots of models who are normally working are struggling to find work. Its not anuything wrong with you or lots of other models facing the same delema.
I hope you find work soon
Regards
Norman

Posted 29 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Norman_N_Photography

Hi Samantha, I seem to be in the opposite? Since I was made redundant, I have been getting asked to undertake many shoots. But as I have don't have any permanent work, I am unable to book models and have had to turn away potential shoots

Do you mean models have offered to pay you - or asked you to pay them?

Posted 29 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Keltica

Even the cock with a camera is struggling (thank god).

I seem to recall some saying along the lines of  pots & kettles about this sort of thing.
Posted 29 Nov 2013
Keltica

There is always something you do not know, thats how life is. As for work, have you not realised that there has been a down-turn in the economy over the last few years, and every model is getting less, and less bookings. Even the cock with a camera is struggling (thank god).

Yes I have realized. I've not been under a rock for the last 5 years, I was more thinking about companies and websites, there are many that my close modelling friends work for but when I contact them I get either no response or a no? And 2 days later they have a references off several models, just when they have told me they are not booking at the moment.

Posted 29 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Not that you're my normal shoot type, but I don't think I'd noticed your port before, and maybe that doesn't help; your public profile being a little weak here perhaps?
Hope that didn't sound at all snotty, just that you might need to get out there a bit to promote yourself?

Posted 30 Nov 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Well you've got the looks and the modelling ability, so I can only assume it's the time of year but it's a little rude that people don't reply and tell you.

Keep your chin up.

Posted 30 Nov 2013
Amber6
Model
Amber6
HowardJ
Well you've got the looks and the modelling ability, so I can only assume it's the time of year but it's a little rude that people don't reply and tell you. Keep your chin up.
Most of my work is fetish/adult paysite stuff and I always find November/December very busy as everyone wants to get stuff in the can so they can have a nice rest/worry about taxes in January. Maybe try people again as there may be some spots to fill. X
Posted 30 Nov 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
If you're like me, you'll suddenly find more work coming in. It seems to have an odd momentum, either parched desert or torrential downpour. No simple explanation for it, so keep trying and I'm sure you'll be busy. You look lovely.

Posted 30 Nov 2013
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
Samantha - I notice you haven't put up any casting calls since July. May be worth a shot. Personally I often only find out I'm free at the very last moment, so I tend to browse casting calls rather than use the more time consuming approach of contacting people directly.

I can also empathise with RedChecker... it's a busy old time at the moment and I've had other calls on my cash that's kept me away from here.

As for emails... I try and reply where someone has contacted me personally, but when it's clear that the same email is going to a lot of other people I usually don't.

Posted 30 Nov 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
SamanthaAlexandra

I was more thinking about companies and websites, there are many that my close modelling friends work for but when I contact them I get either no response or a no? And 2 days later they have a references off several models, just when they have told me they are not booking at the moment.

I can imagine how that might look, but please remember that when companies are planning their production schedules, there are always factors that aren't known to people outside of the company.  For example, shoots might be have been booked a long time ago; other models may have been chosen for very specific commercial reasons that won't be disclosed; and combinations of multiple models, locations, dates, and times often have to be fit in with eachother and you may be on the unlucky side of logistics.
Posted 26 Dec 2013
Amber6
Model
Amber6
skymouse

I can imagine how that might look, but please remember that when companies are planning their production schedules, there are always factors that aren't known to people outside of the company.  For example, shoots might be have been booked a long time ago; other models may have been chosen for very specific commercial reasons that won't be disclosed; and combinations of multiple models, locations, dates, and times often have to be fit in with eachother and you may be on the unlucky side of logistics.

This is very true.  I work repeatedly with a couple paysites, and have done since I started (so been on about 10+ times, etc), often I am booked two/three months in advance, and while occasionally I have been drafted in last min if they have a cancellation, they often have quite a set rota they use.  Also, the main site I am on, they  get special requests, and members buy things they want to see certain models in, which means those models need to be booked asap.
Posted 27 Dec 2013
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
There's nothing wrong with you, PS has changed over the years, there seems to be little in terms of common courtesy nowadays. Ignorance is bliss, times are tough & money is tight. I e-mail lots of models that don't reply, I can't guess how they perform, so when I am looking to hire a model they don't get a sniff!
Posted 27 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join