Romanian and Bulgarian models?

Romanian and Bulgarian models?

52 posts
29 Nov 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
In the new year when work restrictions are relaxed, are we likely to see an influx of potential models from these countries?  And if so how can we attract them into joining this site?

Posted 29 Nov 2013
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Im sure they will find any means of cash in hand work.

Posted 29 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Darkstudent

Was that meant to be patronising?
Posted 29 Nov 2013
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
RedChecker

Was that meant to be patronising?

Nope just a likely fact. Less apointments will be available with GPs as well shortly after.

Posted 29 Nov 2013
Edited by Darkstudent 29 Nov 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Darkstudent
Rather an ignorant attitude - haven't you been reading your Daily Mail. Cameron says that if they (workers from Rumania and Bulgaria)are not earning they will be thrown out of the country, so not declaring any earnings would be rather counter productive. Doubtless you never pay models who aren't registered for tax, so it won't really affect you will it ?
Posted 29 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Darkstudent

Nope just a likely fact. Less apointments will be available with GPs as well shortly after.

I have a Romanian work colleague and she's degree qualified (architecture), speaks better English than most native plebs and is bloody determined to work hard and make a good life for herself over here (same can be said for my Polish, Spanish and Iranian collagues) and quite frankly are more deserving of services we offer than many of the native scrounging shits this country has by the boatload.
Posted 29 Nov 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
You should all join UKip.

Posted 29 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
[qt][author]RedChecker[/author]
I have a Romanian work colleague and she's degree qualified (architecture), speaks better English than most native plebs and is bloody determined to work hard and make a good life for herself over here (same can be said for my Polish, Spanish and Iranian collagues) and quite frankly are more deserving of services we offer than many of the native scrounging shits this country has by the boatload.[/qt]

[qt][author]Keltica[/author]
You should all join UKip.[/qt]

Bloody Hell! I didn't realise their policy included the view that foreigners work harder and are more deserving than the English.

Posted 29 Nov 2013
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer
For_Arts_Sak..
I know and have worked with an excellent, charming and hard-working Romanian model who is on this site already.

Posted 29 Nov 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
Ok, but, whatever your politics, if there are going to be a few extra models arriving on our shores, is there any way of attracting them to this site?

(By the way, over the last couple of months I've worked with 3 Poles, ! Czech, 1 Romanian and 1 Latvian, and they've all arrived immaculately dressed, with excellent make-up sense, with a good collection of attractive clothes, no belly rolls and have worked their socks off.)
Posted 30 Nov 2013
Edited by johnlp 30 Nov 2013
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photogra..
johnlp

(By the way, over the last couple of months I've worked with 3 Poles, ! Czech, 1 Romanian and 1 Latvian, and they've all arrived immaculately dressed, with excellent make-up sense, with a good collection of attractive clothes, no belly rolls and have worked their socks off.)

Agree 100%

Posted 30 Nov 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
And you believe anything written in the Mail. I am sure we will see a lot more Romanian and Bulgarian girls looking for modelling opportunity. ..just as we did with the Polish and Czech. And very beautiful and elegant most of them were to. I welcome this opportunity. ...I am currently working with a signed Romanian cat walk model who lives in the uk....she has 3 degrees as well as being multilingual. The best thing to do with all the tabloid trash is reduce your heating bills and burn the garbage!

Posted 1 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
OldMaster
And you believe anything written in the Mail.
Who was that aimed at?
Posted 1 Dec 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
mph
Who was that aimed at?
Good question. There seem to be two clear sides to this thread a) those who broadly welcome the opportunity to work with models from anywhere in the world. b) Darkstudent So I would deduce that as the rest of his post falls into (a) he must be referring to (b) although the only poster who mentioned the Daily Mail was me (noting my assumption that (b) did read the Daily Mail and would hold the drivel printed therein as authorative)
Posted 1 Dec 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
WHATEVER!

This is not the question I'm asking. Is there any way that this site, or photographers can think of to attract them, if they do exist, to join PS?
Posted 1 Dec 2013
Edited by johnlp 1 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join